Mods: Thread scheduled for demolition

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtle

First Post
Seems like all of these games have crazy characters and or excessive amounts of extras allowed in. Is anyone running an adventure using ONLY the 3 core books and nothing strange? I would start one myself but I have no idea how these things work out...

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
I was wondering myself

Of course I was thinking about maybe starting up a Deadlands d20 so that might be even weirder :)

Not sure how to get them started and what you got to do to keep it going. I am playing Sen Udo-Mal over in the Star Wars one and that is cool and all, but I wish there was something other the just fantasy out here. I love fantasy but that is what I mostly play and run here in Seattle... anyway I would suggest you maybe do a casting call and name it something like "D&D Fantasy Game using the 3 Core Books only" that could be kind of cool...

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Re: A normal game

turtle said:
Seems like all of these games have crazy characters and or excessive amounts of extras allowed in. Is anyone running an adventure using ONLY the 3 core books and nothing strange? I would start one myself but I have no idea how these things work out...

You know, I was just thinking the same thing.

I'd be interested in getting into another game, but i havn't seen any openings for a good 'ole time honored Dungeons and Dragons game.

Takota

First Post
Yeah, a normal game does sound fun. I'm not that interested in all that firearms/psionic/starwars sorta games. I'm interested in giving the WoTC Adventure line a try though.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Well... we have an interest. Now we need a DM. I'd do it myself, but i'm afraid most of my posting is done at work, so i'm rather limited. With the SRD though, it's easy to be a dedicated player. :D

Any DMs out there...:(

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Hmmm...

So someone needs to step up and run a 3E Core Rules only (PH, MM, DMG) game with no ups or extras? Starting at first level? Maybe in a homebrewed world that's been around since the seventies? Perhaps veering away from the MM when it comes to adding some interesting monsters?

Perhaps it is time I started a message board game again, eh? :)

*edit*

I'd add a few restrictions though...

No Evil or Chaotic characters.

28 point buy creation process.

You'd be starting in a smallish town in a Primarily human-centric kingdom with some Gnomes, Dwarves, Half-Elves as possible alternate character races, so no full Elves, Halflings or Half-Orcs.

I'd like to have four players with one of each of the main classes represented but no Monks or Barbarians, please, as they just wouldn't fit what I'm thinking for this time around. We'd need one Cleric (or Druid), one Wizard (or Sorcerer), one Fighter (or Paladin or Ranger), and one Rogue (or Bard). I'd advise having most of them the main class since the alternate classes can be limiting in smaller groups, but it is up to you. You could always pick something else if you get kil... Nevermind... :D

*end edit (for now... ;) ) *

Last edited:

turtle

First Post
I'll happily play wizard, thief, cleric or fighter...

When the other three people give their preferences I'll take the leftover...

If wizard then NG gnome or LN human

If rogue then N human or NG gnome

if cleric then LN or LG human or dwarf

if fighter then LN human

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
I would like to join if it doesn't become too demanding. No problem with classes races or alignment, i'd take what's left.
May I? Pleeeeeease! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads