• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Module suggestions for 10+ party level?

Voadam

Legend
Any suggestions on good modules for a party of 5 evil characters, ranging from level 10 to 16 after ECLs? (One party member is a level 6 wizard with no appreciable magic items who gained the weretiger template). The highest caster level in the party is 7th so they are behind the curve on spells but they are ruthless and tough overall.

I run a ravenloft game and they are currently on an island with an Indian culture but are expecting their boat to be fixed soon.

Any suggestions on good modules in general for levels 10+?

I played through Banewarrens so that is out for running it with the same people. Similar for RttTEE, other player has and is running it so I don't want to duplicate.

Treebore

First Post
I found Tomb of Abysthor easy to adapt to Ravenloft. It will also be easy to adjust the difficulty of by adding dark powers to various inhabitants. Plus there are a couple of things that the tombs inhabitants possess that would definitely put your evil party at odds with them, because your group will want them too.

Since you are on an island to begin with you can have the Tomb ge its own island. You can decide whether or not to have the desired/recommended town nearby, and modify accordingly.

Also, the Necromancer boards have threads dedicated to this module that includes "journals" of other DM's games in this module. It also has errata at the top of the thread. It also has discussions of how specific encounters can be or were dealt with.

Plus their main site has downloadable maps, which I found very useful to have at the larger size/scale than what is in the module itself.

Also, I recommend looking at all of Necromancers mega-modules, especially Rappan Athuk and Grey Citadel. Rappan Athuk can also be used in Ravenloft, easily. Grey Citadel could also be used in Ravenloft, but deserves careful thought and consideration as to how you will "integrate" it into Ravenloft.

If you haven't found it yet, visit the official Ravenloft website, The Kargatane.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Black Ice Well is pretty cool, but brutal to groups of less than about 16th level, though.

There are not many high level modules, actually, and even less that would probably work for your given situation.

Voadam

Legend
thanks for the suggestions guys.

Diaglo, did you find Necropolis difficult to convert to the one true edition?:)

Treebore I appreciate the direct Ravenloft experience.

FM, is that one of the ones available as a PDF?

Curtis, I agree there are not many for levels above 10+ and my group is not the standard D&D party, but adapting modules to the pcs and campaign is half the fun!

diaglo

Adventurer
Voadam said:
Diaglo, did you find Necropolis difficult to convert to the one true edition?:)

nah...but the flavor text was already inherent. much like the new Goodman Games module by D. A. ;)

Remove ads