• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Module suggestions

spideyfan1972

First Post
Hi all. I would like to ask for suggestions on free and low cost modules to start with. I am just getting back in the game and don't have a lot of money to spend. What all do you suggest?

spideyfan1972

First Post
Looks interesting. Is it normal for the free adventures to be so terse. Not that I shouldn't be able to flesh it out. I just remember the TSR ones that were much more verbose.

Crothian

First Post
If you have a used book store near you or if you having a gaming store that sells used books I would try there. Sometimes at my local used book stores I can find old modules for as cheap as $5. You might also see if they have old Dungeon magazines as some times those can be really cheap and they have a few different adventures in them.

Hi all. I would like to ask for suggestions on free and low cost modules to start with. I am just getting back in the game and don't have a lot of money to spend. What all do you suggest?

Nothing beats Free! Check out the Dragonsfoot module section. They have some fairly good stuff there. Some older TSR modules are also inexpensive on D&Dclassics.com

Libramarian

Adventurer
Check out The Sanctuary Ruin and Ironwood Gorge. Really solid modules with a classic feel. Ironwood Gorge is similar to Keep on the Borderlands but with a much more interesting keep.

When I ran these I also stuck Hammers of the God inside Ironwood Gorge (if you read the latter module you'll know where to put it). HotG has a cool secret history to the dungeon that really drew my players in, but like every Jim Raggi module I have it's brilliant but flawed. I recommend reading it carefully ahead of time especially if you are a new or rusty DM.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Looks interesting. Is it normal for the free adventures to be so terse. Not that I shouldn't be able to flesh it out. I just remember the TSR ones that were much more verbose.
Most modules are much more verbose than BotB. That's the main reason I like BotB so much.

The one page dungeon compilations? Several years worth now and should be something for all tastes within, could be combined to make an individualised campaign as well?

Remove ads