• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Money

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
Is there any reason we couldn't have an airship AND a submarine? From my character's perspective...it was pretty easy to blow up that last airship and therefore it probably wouldn't be smart to make that our only means of transport. Besides, Jane likes to be sneaky and airships are...not.
Despite your recent status as millionaires, you probably couldn't pay for the R&D, *and* the construction of more than one non-existent technology. At the very least, not if you tried to do it yourselves. So, if you're going manage that money for your personal interests, you're probably limited in what you can access.

On the other hand, if you talked to Onieros, who seems to have some resources of his own, you might be able to get more bang for your buck, as (depending on how many and what type of other employees/cells he/she/it might have) he might be able to use existing infrastructure in order to speed the process, and feed into whatever his goals are. At the very least, you know he has several industrial allies, who are probably better connected to the manufacturing/industrial worlds than you are.

Of course, if you "invest" in Onieros, it's not really your money - it becomes something like stock, I guess, in that you could probably attempt to exert some influence over where, why, and how you're sent places. You'd be stockholders (or the counterconspiratorial equivalent) and that has to count for something. But you'd probably be able to acquire "hard to get" resources through a shadowy organization than trying to get them on your own.

cuteasaurus

First Post
I'm not sure we want to get so specific as to figure out what we *are* getting as much as we just need to figure out what we want. (We'll probably need another thread to figure out the specific plan for the money.) If nothing else, it'll help the "planning" to know what big-ticket items people are eyeing.

The_Universe

First Post
Well, my general advice is to get things that are practical, and to travel light. Don't buy anything you can't bear to see destroyed, and if you have a choice between functional and fancy, go with function, first.

small nico

First Post
The_Universe said:
Despite your recent status as millionaires.

since I missed out on all the fun (stupid school...stupid teaching... boo) Can you guys pick up some more chloroform for me, it takes a long time to make and it's been really helpful...and... I miss you guys... wait that has nothing to do with chloroform...oh well

The_Universe

First Post
small nico said:
since I missed out on all the fun (stupid school...stupid teaching... boo) Can you guys pick up some more chloroform for me, it takes a long time to make and it's been really helpful...and... I miss you guys... wait that has nothing to do with chloroform...oh well
Yeah - they hardly kill anybody without you around. It's almost sad. ;)

Suffice to say, you are truly missed. :(

cuteasaurus

First Post
Another thought- I dunno what people have for clothes, but a "dress-up" outfit (tuxedo, dress uniform, formal dress, etc) might be a good idea for times we'll have to blend in with "high society." And, now we have jewelry to go with these outfits... :D Or...maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to go shopping for pretty things... ;)

AIM-54

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
Another thought- I dunno what people have for clothes, but a "dress-up" outfit (tuxedo, dress uniform, formal dress, etc) might be a good idea for times we'll have to blend in with "high society." And, now we have jewelry to go with these outfits... :D Or...maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to go shopping for pretty things... ;)

I've had a dress uniform since day one. :)

Remove ads