• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mongoose: d20 Judge Dredd

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
Hi there,

Judge Dredd is currently undergoing playtesting, and will be released in June. In the mean time, however, a dedicated 2000AD RPG web site is being set up which will have all sorts of news, views and previews for you to play around with!

von Bomberg

First Post
Does it still exist?

Being not exactly a comics-person I know of this Judge Dredd stuff only from the old White Dwarf's from the eighties. During that period Games Workshop did some games based on JD, including a RPG, if my memory serves.

Judging from the style JD was portraid, I wouldn't have bet that it woul be around 15 years later.

Are the Mongeese led by fond childhood memories or do you really see a market for this?

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
Hi there,

Judge Dredd is very much alive and well these days and, despite having fond memories, there is certainly a market for the 2000AD range - there are two new Dredd films coming soon and, added to that, we are working hard to make sure this is the best presented d20 book yet. A lot has happened in Mega-City One since Judge Dredd first appeared in the seventies, and the comic strip is still going strong today - We believe we have a real winner with this game.

DungeonKeeperUK

First Post
Judge Dredd

As young Matt has said there defineatly is room for this in the world, what with movies and the growing strength of 2000AD, this should be a blinder (but erm... is Sly still going to play Dredd??.. hope not....)
But there a whole rich universe of material over the past 20 odd years to build

Ohhhh all giddy about it.. :)

Ranger REG

Explorer
I still have a fondness for Dredd RPG, despite the fact that I lost my rules boxed set from Games Workshop. :(

I think they should do a (syndicated) TV series to revive this particular sci-fi genre. I'm glad there will be two movies coming out.

TalonComics

First Post
Dredd in US

I'm pretty curious how Dredd D20 will be received in the states. Many American's only exposure to Judge Dredd is the horrible Stallone movie. Of course being a comicbook reader I loved the older stuff and it still holds a fondness.

Do you think Dredd is going to sell in the US or will it be pretty much a UK game?

~Derek

zouron

First Post
hmm oddly enough it seems every movie that is made on an fictional character from be it book, comic or computer game is described as terrible. Personally I liked the Sly as Judge Dredd, and would hope (thought I doubt it) he is going to play dredd in the new ones.

Anyway D20 Judge Dredd is going to be awsome, and I think there is defiantely a amrket for it *grins*

You have been Judged ;)

DungeonKeeperUK

First Post
On the Stallone Dredd front personally I disliked it, liked it as a Sci Fi movie, but not as a Dredd movie... but I'll leave it there before I start ranting.. :D (Clint Eastwoof was always my favourtie for Dredd)

Anyway, I don't see any reason why Dredd D20 should not sell in the states, if you don't look at Dredd as a British cult comic icon and more of a detailed and full history, with a universe of great and often unique characters all with fantastic artwork and written by a well established D20 company..., after all it also set in a future alternative reality of the USA (for the most part anyway)

Ohh, on that point will the Dredd d20 eventually be looking into the world of Dredd or is that somehting that will also be dealt with in the initial phase??

As for a TV series something CGI like Star Ship Troopers or indeed Max Steel would suit Dreddy lovely

Remove ads