• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Mongoose] Encyclopaedia Arcane Compendium Opinions?

CSB046

First Post
The thread title says it all. Anyone have this book and care to share an opinion on it? I've been having a hard time finding any published reviews on the usual websites.

I know that (for me), it would be a pretty good value. I don't own any of the three previously published volumes (Necromancy, Demonology, and Battle Magic), so no duplication there. However, I am most interested in the unpublished Transmutation portion of the compendium.

Best I can tell, no company has previously released a product (print or PDF) focused on this school of magic, so how does this initial offering look?

Thanks for any help.

vraad

First Post
Hey,

I got it for the Battle Mage. So far I like what I've seen. The other areas of the book don't really interest me so I can't really give an opinion.

later

:cool:

Psion

Adventurer
thundershot said:
Aww... and here I thought this was about a collected edition hardcover of the EA series...

If you're joking around, I don't get it... it is a collected Hardcover of 3 previously released EA titles and a new EA title.

JoeGKushner

First Post
I bought the originals and the revised. I don't notice a lot of differences but there are a few here and there.

If you never bought the originals, this is like getting the 4th book for free. It would have been nice if more had been done with it, like including that new family of outsiders (demons) from the old Mongoose Website updated to 3.5 or some of the material from the Slayer's Guide to Demons or some of the other monsters that have made apperances in Mongoose's books, but hey, maybe we'll see some revised and updated web support for it.

I like it but felt that it could've been better, especially for a compilation.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads