(Mongoose) Judge Dredd Update!

zouron

First Post
ack! hearing all these goodies makes it even harder to wait! bad matt *grins* not really hmm well still wanna be a judge ;-)

UD

First Post
Mongoose_Matt said:
UD: There are just three core classes - Street Judge, Psi-Judge and Citizen. The Citizen, however, gets access to one of several 'prior lives' that alter his abilities and skills. You could be a Perp Runner, for instance, or a Juve, Med-Tech, Wall Hopper, Punk, Agitator, and much more!

Once you have gone up a few levels, Street Judges have the option of joining Med- and Tek-Divisions, the SJS or the Wally Squad (this is just in the main rulebook - they get more choices in the Rookie's Guide to the Justice Department).

Citizens, on the other hand, can get up to all sorts of mischief as they go up levels, becoming Citi-Def Officers, Assassins, Bodyguards, Superheroes (I kid you not!), Demolitionists and more.

Judges, on the face of it, are more powerful characters, but citizens are way more flexible, especially as they start to rise in level and gain more credits.

Either way, I am sure players are going to get into all sorts of trouble :)

Matt, will you marry me? :D

Ranger REG

Explorer
UD said:

Listen up Juve, you just earned yourself one compulsury purchase of this product. Now shut it creep before that goes up to 5 years in a cube!
Sorry, but I'd rather go to jail. For something that cost $40 or more, it has better be a standalone core rulebook. IOW, I do not require the D&D Player's Handbook for the crucial rules as character creation and character advancement. They should be inside the pages of a $40 book.

Only Wizards can get away with a $40 price tag on a D&D supplement like the Forgotten Realms Campaign Sourcebook.

For $40, it should be a d20 product with an all-plastic hardcover format (the front and back covers are plastic, not the pages within).

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
Ranger REG said:

Sorry, but I'd rather go to jail.

Somehow, I doubt that :)

For something that cost $40 or more, it has better be a standalone core rulebook. IOW, I do not require the D&D Player's Handbook for the crucial rules as character creation and character advancement. They should be inside the pages of a $40 book. [/B]

Well, first off, coming here would suggest you already have the PHB. Second. . . err. . . why? Just because certain rules are in the PHB, that does not mean we have left blank pages in the JD book. Using the D20 System in this manner allows to cram loads more stuff about MC1 inside, rather than more Combat. CHaracter Creation, Advancement, etc rules. . .

Only Wizards can get away with a $40 price tag on a D&D supplement like the Forgotten Realms Campaign Sourcebook. [/B]

Really? Why is this? After all, their profit margins are far higher (economies of scale). Shouldn't they be charging less?

For $40, it should be a d20 product with an all-plastic hardcover format (the front and back covers are plastic, not the pages within). [/B]

I am a little lost on this one. It _is_ a d20 book. No idea what you are thinking about with plastic. . .

Ranger REG

Explorer
Well, I figured that since you are printing a limited edition Judge Dredd rulebook using steel covers, I figured that for $40, we should have one with plastic covers. :p

In any case, I am simply expressing my opinion as a consumer. As much as I like JD (having played the original by Games Workshop a looong time ago) I may have to pick it up at a later time (i.e., when I get my tax refund).

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
Ranger REG said:
In any case, I am simply expressing my opinion as a consumer. As much as I like JD (having played the original by Games Workshop a looong time ago) I may have to pick it up at a later time (i.e., when I get my tax refund).

I do sympathise - I am still in the GW hobby, and I guess you know how draining that can be :)

Ranger REG

Explorer
Only as an outside observer and having listened to many, MANY rants from those who has such hobby. Because of that, I have not purchased Warhammer nor WH40K. :D

I'm a rare breed. I only like modern combat minis game (WWI to Gulf War).

Speaking of which, is Tabletop Games or anyone selling Challenger in UK?

Corinth

First Post
I am anxious to see how well this new version of the game does, both in terms of making JD playable and in terms of how D20 is employed.

thegodofchuck

First Post
I want!

I emailed the info/contact address on the Mongoose site about the Limited Edition of JD, but I haven't received a response... Should I send an email somewhere else? Please let me know!

Brian

Remove ads