Mongoose reaction to OGL/SRD

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
CaptainChaos said:
Yes indeed. The self-aggrandizing of the opening bit was hilarious.

I read and re-read it, and I didn't see anything self-aggrandizing in it at all. It sounded like something a real businessperson, with an actual grasp of business principles, would write. Love 'em or hate 'em (and Mongoose has produced a lot of material I love and I hate), Mongoose's business plan must work for them. Nothing he wrote seemed to be exaggerating what Mongoose has accomplished, and the fact that WotC included them in the conference call indicates they're thought of as a major force in the d20/OGL market. So where is the self-aggrandizing or pretentiousness?

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Sitara said:
Mongoose is, AFAIK the biggest UK rpg publisher in the world. Is that right?

Thats gotta count for something.
They're #3 in the industry worldwide and #1 uk publisher, or atleast, that is my understanding.

maggot

First Post
ColonelHardisson said:
I read and re-read it, and I didn't see anything self-aggrandizing in it at all. It sounded like something a real businessperson, with an actual grasp of business principles, would write. Love 'em or hate 'em (and Mongoose has produced a lot of material I love and I hate), Mongoose's business plan must work for them. Nothing he wrote seemed to be exaggerating what Mongoose has accomplished, and the fact that WotC included them in the conference call indicates they're thought of as a major force in the d20/OGL market. So where is the self-aggrandizing or pretentiousness?

Agreed. I found it refreshingly in its lack pretense.

Remove ads