• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monk - Druid Character

Navar

Explorer
Hi all, I come seeking assistance on a new character I am making. We are starting a new campaign and we are beginning at 4th level. I want to make an interesting character so I opt for a Human, Monk 2 Druid 2. He has 3 feats at his disposal (plus Stunning Fist and Combat Reflexes from Monk,) and I took “Ascetic Druid” (a new feat I made based on Complete Adventurer.) I plan on leveling up each one 1 at a time so Monk 3, Druid 2; Monk 3, Druid 3; Etc. We start with 5,400 Gold Pieces to spend on anything we want out of any WOTC Book and I can get any feat out of any WOTC Book. My stats are Str 14, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 15. These were rolled. I have included the +1 (as my Str was 13) already. My original idea was to give him Potions of Barkskin, a wand of Cure Light Wounds, a Ring of Protection, and Bracers of Armor (as an amulet of Natural armor wouldn’t help with Barkskin.) I also took the Track feat (as I would be the party’s only tracker.) I thought that for my other feat I would take the +2 to your caster level as long as it doesn’t exceed your character level feat.
Any Suggestions on what feats/ magic items would make the character more a benefit to the party. (I hate to play a (Fun concept) and drag the rest of the party down because when in combat (or using skills) I don’t have the oomph that other characters do (i.e. I am about worthless.) And on this note, I have a repupation as a “Power Gamer” so I would rather not have any ULTRA cheese suggestions.

Ascetic Druid

Benefits: Your Druid levels and Monk levels stack for determining your unarmed strike damage, and the Level of your animal companion.

Thanks
Navar

Edit: Oh yea I also have a couple of potions of Magic Fang, and a Quarter staff

Last edited:

Navar

Explorer
MrFilthyIke said:
Sounds like a fun idea, though it will hurt your casting capacity.

I know, but there is a full cleric (cleric 4) and I am going to take "Brew Potion" at level 6 (Druid 3) so I can brew potions of cure light wounds (acutlly they won't be potions at all, but the changes will be flavor 100%) (more herbs than alchemy)

The other members of the party are Cleric 4 and Fighter 4 (plus 2 others I don't know about) so I am not worried about not filling a niche (I know I don't) just being useful.

Andre

First Post
Navar said:
I thought that for my other feat I would take the +2 to your caster level as long as it doesn’t exceed your character level feat.
Ascetic Druid

I'm guessing you mean Practised Spellcaster, which raises your druid caster level to your character level (up to a max of +4 levels). Won't have full effect until you are druid 4/monk 4, but it's very useful. This would be a very good feat for this character, IMO. Just keep in mind that you'll still never get the high-level druid spells, as Practised Spellcaster has no effect on your number of spells per day, nor on the spell level you can cast.

Navar

Explorer
Andre said:
I'm guessing you mean Practised Spellcaster, which raises your druid caster level to your character level (up to a max of +4 levels). Won't have full effect until you are druid 4/monk 4, but it's very useful. This would be a very good feat for this character, IMO. Just keep in mind that you'll still never get the high-level druid spells, as Practised Spellcaster has no effect on your number of spells per day, nor on the spell level you can cast.

Yes, I understand that. It only affects the duration, bonus barkskin grants, etc.

Remove ads