D&D 3E/3.5 Monk/sorcerer of mystra build help 3.5

spiderfate

First Post
my groups just started playing the tearing of the weave campaign. the party currently consists of a 2 paladins of mystra, a mystic ranger of mystra, a cleric of mystra and a ratling illusionist who will be an arcane devoty.

we have a new guy join the party an old friend of mine who wants me to make his character for him because he has not played dnd sinse 2nd edition.

my friend is the type who always wants to fight and throw spells, but want to stick with the mystra theme we have going. i was thinking monk/sorcerer dedicated to mystra. anyone got any advice on best alternate class, prestige, feats or anything even fluff else that might work well.

Dandu

First Post
I advise you to have high Str, Dex, and Con because you will be in melee, high Int to make use of your monk skill list, high Wis to make use of your monk abilities, and high Cha to cast arcane spells.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
I advise you to have high Str, Dex, and Con because you will be in melee, high Int to make use of your monk skill list, high Wis to make use of your monk abilities, and high Cha to cast arcane spells.
This is Dandu's way of disapproving of the idea, for the reason that it will require all of your stats, and therefore have you weak at everything.

kitcik

Adventurer
Warblade 1 / Mage of Mystara 1 / Warblade +4 / Abjurant Champion 5 / Eldritch Knight 9

Not optimized but not terrible. High HD dice so can go a bit lighter on Con. Maybe Weapon Finesse and go lighter on Str? Wisdom and Cha are reduced in importance by dropping monk and sorcerer.

Dandu

First Post
This is Dandu's way of disapproving of the idea, for the reason that it will require all of your stats, and therefore have you weak at everything.
Honestly, it's probably easier to just play a Swordsage from the Tome of Battle and forget the monk exists. At all.

Visigani

Banned
Banned
Why not just let the guy roll a Battle Sorc?

Failing that another interesting "build" would be this:

Druid
The druid might choose to give up her wild shape ability in exchange for becoming a swift and deadly hunter.

Gain
Bonus to Armor Class when unarmored (as monk, including Wisdom bonus to AC), fast movement (as monk), favored enemy (as ranger), swift tracker (as ranger), Track feat (as ranger).

Lose
Armor and shield proficiency, wild shape (all versions).

However, swap out the Favored Enemy bonus for one of the Ranger's Combat Styles and one Martial Weapon of his choice.

And introduce him to "Zen Archery".

Remove ads