D&D 3E/3.5 Monk/sorcerer of mystra build help 3.5

Vespucci

First Post
If you'd taken my advice and played a Druid - of Mystra - then Wild Shape would sort you out.

Don't worry about dropping the soap. Reptiles should find your pink, hairy forms quite repugnant.

Vespucci

First Post
Sure. Why not?

"We do not doubt that living things are natural, even though they may be gathered up into the false life of the city. So it is with magic: a natural force that may be channeled into the false arcana of wizardry."

That could probably be given a more orthodox coloration, especially from an urban druid.

dammitbiscuit

First Post
I shall help you.

Presenting the...

SACRILEGIOUS FIST!

Human Monk 2 (Passive Way)/Duskblade 3/Ur Priest2/Sacred Fist 10/Enlightened Fist 3

Feats:
1. Apprentice (Criminal) or Skill Knowledge (Bluff)
1. Iron Will
1. Combat Expertise (Monk bonus)
2. Improved Trip (Monk bonus)
3. Spell Focus: Evil
4. Combat Casting (Duskblade Bonus)
6. Superior Unarmed Strike
9. Improved Natural Attack
12. Extend Spell
15. Persist Spell
18. Divine Metamagic: Persist Spell

Just refluff Ur Priest as a servant of Mystra who is granted cleric powers by the god, change the Spell Focus: Evil prerequisite to something fitting with Mystra's theme, like Magical Aptitude or Skill Focus: Spellcraft, or Skill Focus: K. Arcana, and you should be good to go.

DUDE! That's pretty much my old build from the 3.5 WotC forums!

I love you. Thanks for still calling it "Sacrilegious Fist" so that I could stumble across it on Google.

And I apologize for the thread necro, but I am just way too happy to see my build gained a life of its own and still floating around.

If you're going to go Monk/Sorcerer dump your wisdom. Pick up Ascetic Mage from Complete Adventurer. That lets you use your Charisma for AC instead of your wisdom. It also lets you stack your levels for some of your abilities.

I'd also highly recommend that you look at the class Enlightened Fist from Complete Arcane. It's more Monk than Sorcerer but it is great fun watching an enlighten fist cast wrath strike, flurry of blows, and activate their ability to cast a spell when they full round attack / flurry.

One "weakness" of the build is that your spell list is going to be mostly touch spells until much later on when you can hold rays. So if your GM assumes that you can cast Fireball, designs a dungeon under that assumption, it can get kinda hairy. Yes, that did happen in the game I'm currently playing.

Remove ads