• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monkey's Monster Madness! (IC)

Myth and Legend

First Post
[sblock]OOC: I will be gone until Monday, Thorgrim will stay still and wait for the bats to attack (at which point he will attack them back) or for the whole thing to be resolved peacefully. Monkey can NPC him easily enough I think.[/sblock]

Last edited:

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Thanks for the heads up, Myth and Legend.

The marked bat squeaks at its fellows for a moment. Then it and one of the others flies down and lands on Josea's outstretched arm. The others take off, out of the belltower.

OOC: Everyone gets 75 experience points, which will be noted in the first post of this thread.

OOC: Later...

Wendel is overjoyed at the return of the bat, though he's not exactly sure where he's going to put a whole bat family.

"Eh, no worries, we'll find space in the master's tower, um, somewhere. Now, I just heard that the toad who was part of my little menagerie has been spotted as well, around the old town well."

Chapter Two: The Wishing Well

The old town well is located just outside of town, near the crumbled First Wall. Local children use the well as a wishing well, throwing stones and occassionally copper pieces in and making a wish.

The well is a five feet wide stone shaft descending about 20 feet into the ground. The bucket and winch are long rotted and now useless. A cacophony of croaks and ribbits can be heard both inside and outside the well as the party approaches.

OOC: Everyone will need to make a Spot check, please.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Thorgrim always found it a bit hard to concentrate on things other than his anvil, and today's tasks had bored him to such an extent, he was daydreaming of how he would someday have his own forge below the mountains and he would happily be shaping metal in to tools and weapons. Spot: 4-1=3

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Flush with the satisfaction of their last victory without resorting to bloodshed, Jerak will keep his eyes out, but is quite distracted at his own magnificence.

[sblock=OOC]
Spot (1d20+1=8)
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Uthar is annoyed and doesn't pay attention. He follows along to the well, just bored and itching for a fight. He stares up at the clouds in boredom for a bit.

Spot 4
1d20+3=4

Myth and Legend

First Post
[sblock]I will be away until Monday. If Thorgrim has to go down the well he will take off his armor and leave his shield because of the armor penalty, other than that he will either listen to the druid or go in axe a swingin' if that is the best course of action.[/sblock]

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Seems our resident druid is MIA. We'll give it to Monday since Myth is going to be out until then anyway. Then we'll either move on or consider a brief recruiting period to acquire a new healer type.

Voadam

Legend
Josea Cabranes, last of the blind

Josea is quite puffed up as well, "Heh! Right onto my arm he went. Good old charm magic did the trick. We can hunt the biggest buck to the smallest critter, nothing can get past us boys." The normally sharp-eyed gnome is too engrossed with the flush of their first success to even notice they have come upon the well.

spot 9 (natural 1)

ooc is this a new day or am I out of spells?

ooc 2 sorry about the absence, been an up and down week at work and home.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The term "needle in a haystack" comes to mind as the group quickly realizes that although they can hear numerous toads in the area, its almost impossible to spot the little creatures.

OOC: What's your plan?

OOC: New day. The group will be fully refreshed and healed and such at the start of every encounter.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads