• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monkey's Monster Madness! (IC)

Arkhandus

First Post
Uthar stays put. He's not lending any of his scarce coin on the effort, and he's sure the other dwarf doesn't need any help carrying a rope. Besides, Uthar wasn't that much of a people-person.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Having grown up in a clan where the Dwarves helped each other and everyone contributed towards the goal, Thorgrim had no problem spending some measly coins on a rope and other supplies. He was kind at heart, even if a bit gruff on the outside.

He went to town and purchased the needed supplies: some good rope, several torches and an empty barrel that would be used to lower someone in the well (and could also float).

[sblock]
Hempen Rope
5 torches
Barrel
[/sblock]

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Jerak, Uthar and Josea wait for about an hour while Thorgrim gets the supplies. Upon the dwarf's return...

OOC: We'll assume that someone takes 20 on a Use Rope check to set up the barrel.

Josea, being the smallest and able to influence animals, volunteers to go down in the barrel.

OOC: His plan, since the duration of his speak with animals spell has expired, is to try to use Wild Empathy to coax the marked toad into the barrel with him. If anyone has another plan, now is the time...otherwise, whoever is lowering the barrel into the well needs to make a Strength check to avoid dropping the poor gnome.

Myth and Legend

First Post
[sblock]
Monkey, do i take out the gold as per the prices in the SRD? Also, i think Uthar should do the STR check as his score is 18 after all. One last thing, are myself and Arkhandus the only ones playing?
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
"Ahh, finally we can get this o'er with! Yeh got the rope!" Uthar says, getting up from where he'd been sitting. He ties the rope and barrel together. Then he says "Ey, help me lower the halfling. Or were ya a gnome...?" Uthar says, taking a closer look at Josea for a moment. "Eh, whate'er, git in the bucket an' we'll send yeh down. Slowly."

OOC: Strength check = 14
1d20+4=14

renau1g

First Post
Jerak will continue to wait back while the others lower the gnome into the well, being neither strong of body, nor small in stature, he contents himself with wasting some of his energies casting a minor cantrip and putting on a small lightshow for himself.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm planning on increasing the pace of this game, or trying to at least. Instead of once a week, I'll try to update as soon as everyone gets a post in.

Myth, yes, use the SRD prices.[/sblock]
Uthar struggles a bit with the weight of the gnome and the barrel, but manages to keep things relatively steady as Josea attempts to communicate with the toads and find the marked one.

Wild Empathy check (1d20+2=17)

Its hard to tell what's happening down there but after a few minutes, Josea yells up, "I've got him! Haul me up!"

OOC: Everyone gets another 75 XP. I forgot to note the 30 bonus XP for bringing the creature in alive. All that (75 for the bats, 75 for the toads, 30 bonus each for a total of 210) will be noted in the first post. Also, since it was near evening, we can assume the group rested before heading back to Wendel, thus everyone is at full spells and hp and such.

Later...

When the group returns, they find Wendel wringing his hands and fretting by the small stable next to his master's tower.

"Ce...ce...ce...centipedes. Huge, big...just in there. Spooked the donkey...spooked me, too. Help!"

Chapter Three: 800 Feet and One Foot Long

The stable is a small barn with three stalls on either side of a central "corridor." Each end of the barn has a double door, though the back door is currently blocked by 5 ft. high hay bails and tool racks. The tool racks contain rakes, shovels and other equipment necessary for the care and tending of equines. There aren't any horses currently in the stable.

OOC: Spot and Listen checks, please.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Thorgrim eyed the shabby wooden construction and tried to notice anything. "Argh it be AX'N time now! Ain't no talkin' to them giant bugs!" The Dwarven warrior was not particularly impressed with his foes, and he much preferred to charge at them with an axe than trying to sneak about.

[sblock]
Spot: 5-1=4, Listen: 6-1=5[/sblock]

Remove ads