• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monotheism?

Azuretiger

First Post
A couple of questions to homebrew DM's.

Who uses Monotheistic deities in their world?

Are any of them similar to real world religions?

Do you find that having them adds flavor to your players D&D experience, or do you find that "if the religions in the game are too similar to real life ones, it jars them out of the fantasy world they are trying to imagine"? ( Quote taken from the Manual of the Planes p. 14, bottom bar)

TheFlamingRheo

First Post
If you are using any of the campaign settingsthen this is practly impossible due to the fact that all the gods have a backstory involving a couple of the other gods. Also, this is fantasy monotheism is just to modern.

Limper

First Post
TheFlamingRheo: Monotheism is NOT modern... the Egyptians dabbled with it and the modern religions you are refering to have roots over 4000 years old... its not modern.

Azuretiger

First Post
Too modern?

I don't understand what you mean by that.
And the questions were meant for homebrewed worlds, not published campaign settings.

TheFlamingRheo

First Post
Well, they were idiots too. What people should do is wait untill someone's god brings the apocalypse and then start praying to them. It is better to rule in Hell then serve in any heaven.

Crothian

First Post
TheFlamingRheo said:
I consider any monotheistic religion to modern, I am polytheistic, I believe in all gods but by doing so believe in none.

Well, geologically, 4000 years is modern. Not that that has anything to do with anything. But what in this thread really does? :D

TheFlamingRheo

First Post
Well Gamecat and I are friends, well he is my DM. We also go to the same school and have known each other for three years. The only reason I post in his name is that he does not have a computer at his house, which sucks.

Remove ads