• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Builder Details 7/13

Vael

Legend
The ability to search through the consolidated banks of DnD monsters offline alone is great, with the monster customization options turn this into pure awesome. Odd, no mention of adding templates, which would definitely be on my wishlist, though 4e templates are very easy to add.

Emryys

Explorer
Some general information and screenshots. I also noticed:

Eventually, other releases will follow for Adventure Tools, such as Encounter Builder and Map Builder. In addition to new builders, we'll also continue adding content, enhancements, and new features to D&D Monster Builder, in the same vein as the D&D Character Builder and D&D Compendium.

which I think is the first time I've seen a confirmation that those are in the pipeline.

I noticed in the picture 5 circles for the various builder programs... this means there are possibly 2 more unnamed builders... :cool:

Merlin the Tuna

First Post
Yeah, I hope it's got a good system of searching those powers. When I'm trying to make a monster sometimes I have a theme in mind but don't necessarily know the exact power to use right off. Might be pretty cool to search for radiant powers and add them quickly and easily to a Cleric of an Evil Radiant God...
Keyworded stuff should be pretty easy. What's going to be trickier is going based off of effect -- ie "I want an interesting power that pushes PCs around" etc.

I wonder if you can have 2 or more instances open at once, that would make swapping and changing stuff so much easier (especially to those of us with 3 24" screens ;))

Remove ads