• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Ghetto

Obrysii

First Post
Theine said:
It is possible, but surely not common. There are means to detect monsters...
It can make a nice plot, thought.

There are ways around detection, too. And dragons are smart.

Theine said:
Well, I said average-low magic. No cheese like time-travel.

"Average" level of magic includes the publications of WoTC, right? Or are those high-magic?

Theine said:
Oh, fantastic. "I, ROBOT" in fantasy settings. Maybe "I, GOLEM"?

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not. What is wrong with this concept?

Theine

First Post
Obrysii said:
There are ways around detection, too. And dragons are smart.

Well, this world is a bit warhammer-esque, so maybe they are not that smart. Or maybe not all of them can hide good enough not to be detected and expelled.

"Average" level of magic includes the publications of WoTC, right? Or are those high-magic?

Well, it is homebrew, so more or less I decide what ;eve; magic they have. There is no widespread instantaneous travel, and you can`t create food from thin air, for example... what level would this be in D&D

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not. What is wrong with this concept?

I`m not sarcastic. Nice concept.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Check out Urbis. It sounds like your ideas are very similar -- massive, continent-spanning cities and the like.

One of the conciets of that setting is these Nexus Towers, which harvest a bit of life energy to power various magical doodads.

Literally -- people's lives are spent in service to the city.

It might help go for the Cyberpunk angle you're doing.

Remove ads