Monster Mash: Atanatotatos vs. nerdytenor

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:well...look it that way: you've been blinded for four rounds, with huge penalties to hit for the whole fight, and still you've hit consistently...:confused:

covaithe

Explorer
Round 8

The beholder recovers its wits, but not its sight. It spews fire in all directions, missing everything. (ooc: it's true that the beholder can't fire the burst immediately when it becomes bloodied, but I think it's reasonable to rule that it uses it as soon as it can, once it has become bloodied. Which in this case is immediately after it saves vs. stun. Doesn't matter since it all misses anyway. Though only by 1 in the case of the troll.)

The destrachan hits with another blast of sound.

The goblin scores with its curse again. (stealth fails, beholder knows direction (almost due west) but not position.

The troll misses, but heals some.

The spider misses as well, but hides successfully again.

(ooc: Ok, now I think I've caught up with all the posted actions. The beholder is up in round 9, with a full set of actions at last.)

Initiative

Beholder 54/204, bloodied, blinded (save ends) <== You're up
Destrachan 92/92
Goblin 86/86
Troll 58/70
Spider 59/95, stealthed
Unicorn dead
Worg dead

Active zones:
  • all enemies within 5 of the beholder at the start of their turns are subject to a random eye ray attack.
  • all allies within 2 of the unicorn gain +2 to defenses
  • vexing cloud: all enemies in the cloud take -2 to attacks; allies in the cloud gain concealment.

Resources used:
  • spider: Prodigious leap, 1 healing surge
  • goblin hexer: vexing cloud
  • destrachan: reverbate
  • Unicorn: horn touch

[sblock=map]
AtaNerdytenor011.png

[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Bill, still faring poorly, lashes out blindly at his enemies.

OOC:
Rolls include blindness penalty only.

Shift one square south.
Use central eye on troll (vul 10 fire, 5 ongoing from fire attacks, save ends central eye effects)

Fire rays vs troll and des (I assume I know where they are since they are on the map (no, I haven't been peeking):
Misses troll, probably misses des.

Save vs. blindness fails again. That would be five in a row. Five. With a +2 bonus. Odds of five failures in a row with a +2 bonus is (7/20)^5 which equals 16807/320000, or about 1 in 200. Just sayin :) (Glad this didn't happen in closed eye...)

Random ray attacks assume vs troll and des only since I don't know where the others are - correct? (cov correct me if I'm wrong here). Fear vs troll, tele vs des
Misses troll, probably misses des (even if hits, don't bother with the shift).

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:I think the Beholder was still prone. Well I'll leave that for covaithe to adjudicate and go on with my actions. Even if there is some change to be made it'll be likely small.

The Destrachan releases another thunderous blast that resonates all around the Beholder, leaving it in confusion again.

[size=-2]Bellowing Blast 31 vs For, 13 dmgand daze.[/size]

Wary of the dangerous again enemy, the goblin spellcaster doesn't change his plan of action, succesful till now. The Beholder's alien mind is further crippled by the goblinoid's curse.

[size=-2]30 vs For, 9 dmg and blind, Stealth 26[/size]

The troll stays in place and swings again at the Beholder, but misses widely.

[size=-2]sweeping strike:21 vs AC, 10 dmg, Stealth 10[/size]

The spider repeats endlessly the same fast attack, except this time its tooth sink deeply in the Beholder's flesh.

[size=-2]death from above: 30 vs AC, 11 dmg, knock prone, ongoing poison 5 and slow(save ends), Stealth 33, [sblock=cov]move to AG-44[/sblock] [/size]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: He's right, the beholder was knocked prone in round 7 and I forgot to note it. NT, does this change your actions? It might also be worth reminding you that, unless I missed you using it somewhere, you've got an AP left.

nerdytenor

First Post
ooc: I guess if I was prone I couldn't shift - so change shift to 'stand'. And yeah, I know about the action point - I guess I was hoping I might get a chance to use it while not blind! :)

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:Uhmm... then I need to roll a OA for the Troll and the Destrachan because of the central eye, right? (thinking back, the troll would've got that anyway, has threatening reach) So here they are: Troll 25 vs AC, 8 dmg. Destrachan: natural 1. Also the spider must change its move; it ends where it was last round.

covaithe

Explorer
Round 9

Initiative

The beholder picks itself up off the ground. It glares blindly at the troll, taking only a glancing blow for its troubles. Its eye rays barely miss the troll, but singe the destrachan. (ooc: OAs both miss. Eye ray misses troll by 2, hits destrachan's reflex exactly, 15 damage. BTW, yes, if they're on the map you know exact position and can target them with eye rays.)

The destrachan bellows, dazing the poor beholder.

The goblin's curse strikes home again, chipping away at the floating eye. (ooc: stealth succeeds, no direction or position known)

The troll misses badly, and its attempt at stealth is pitiful. It does continue to heal, however. (ooc: and it also gets to try a save against the central eye effects at this point.)

The spider, however, sinks poisonous fangs deep, pulling the beholder prone again.

Beholder 21/204, bloodied, blinded (save ends), dazed (save ends), prone, 5 ongoing poison (save ends) <== You're up
Destrachan 77/92
Goblin 86/86
Troll 68/70 vulnerable 10 fire and when hit with fire take 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends both)
Spider 59/95, stealthed
Unicorn dead
Worg dead

Active zones:
  • all enemies within 5 of the beholder at the start of their turns are subject to a random eye ray attack.
  • all allies within 2 of the unicorn gain +2 to defenses
  • vexing cloud: all enemies in the cloud take -2 to attacks; allies in the cloud gain concealment.

Resources used:
  • spider: Prodigious leap, 1 healing surge
  • goblin hexer: vexing cloud
  • destrachan: reverbate, bellowing blast
  • Unicorn: horn touch

[sblock=map]
AtaNerdytenor012.png

[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
"All ah wanted was a little bar-b-q," Bill moans. He tries his best to continue frying up the troll and destrachan, and in the process explodes in a ball of flaming eyeballs himself. Poetically, the battle arena is filled with the smell of barbecue.

Barbecue eyeballs.

OOC:
Take 5 ongoing damage.
Fire rays miss troll, hit des for 16 damage.
Bill saves vs blind, fails vs dazed and ongoing.
Gonna go ahead and concede here to give covaithe (and Bill and Bob) a rest!

Remove ads