Monster Mash: Oni vs. Lord Sessadore

Oni

First Post
The baelnorn began the mouthing the soundless whisper again, continueing its assault on the angel's mind, trying to drive it to madness. It vanished from the crow's nest only to reappear on the deck near the large snake.

A fitting form for you, wretch.

It motioned, blasting the deck again with a pale radiance like angry moonlight.

[sblock=Actions]

Baelnorn
Fey Ire: Recharge 4,5,6 (1d6=5)

Minor: Voice of Solemnity: +15 vs Will (Target: Angel) (1d20+15=30)
If that hits the target falls into a sleepy trance. While in this trance state, the target is immobilized and dominated (save ends both). In addition, the target truthfully answers any question the baelnorn asks.
The lich will tell the angel to drop down and grovel (drop prone)

Move: Lich Step to Y14, recharge Lich Step. That should bring all the enemies into his fear aura so -2 Will and Saving Throws against psychic effects, angels are immune to fear I think though.

Standard: Fey Ire: +13 vs Will (Centered on AB15, burst2) (1d20+13=17)
Radiant Damage (2d8+7=22) and the target takes ongoing 5 psychic damage and is dazed (save ends both). Miss: Half damage, and the target is instead slowed (save ends).

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 3, continued

The angel once again succumbs to the lich's hypnotic voice. The lich reappears on the deck and blasts at the snake-celebrant's mind, but the attack is only partially effective. (angel is dominated again, celebrant takes 11 radiant and is slowed (save ends). Celebrant is now bloodied.

Initiative and status
Mind Flayer 101/101
Angel, 152/152, unarmed, dominated and immobilized (save ends both)
Baelnorn 210/210
Celebrant 51/117 bloodied, snake form, slowed (save ends) <== you're up
Moon Wraith 1 68/76, restrained (save ends), grabbed, dazed (save ends)
Moon Wraith 2 71/76

Resources used:
Celebrant: coils of despair
Lich: Fey Ire

Current Team HP: Oni 349/362, Sessadore 304/370

[sblock=map]
OniSessadore006.png

[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
The great serpent slithers towards the dessicated lich, striking as it comes. The bite is fast, but not fast enough. The snake hisses at its tormentor, the beating it's taken showing its toll.
[sblock=Actions]Celebrant
Coils of Despair recharge: 6. CoD is recharged.

Move: Shift to Y-Z-15-16.
Standard: Bite vs. Baelnorn: 22 vs. AC, 10 damage. :(
Minor: none.

Save vs. slowed: 4.[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
The moon wraith on the starboard side howled and then charged right through the huge snake in a streaking path a cross the deck where it bodily slammed into the strange octopoidal creature trailing necrotic vapors over it before circling out over the water once more. The ensnared wraith shrieked with frustration, shadowy claws lashing out blindly at the last place it saw its tentacled tormentor.

[sblock=Actions]

Moon Wraith 1
Delay until after Moon Wraith 2

Moon Wraith 2
Regen 5HP
Standard: Crescent Arc: +14 vs Fort (Target Order: Celebrant, Mind Flayer) end shift at U8 (1d20+14=23, 1d20+14=32)
Necrotic Damage: (Target Order: Celebrant, Mind Flayer) (2d4+7=11, 2d4+7=13) and the target is dazed (save ends). Miss: Half damage, and the target is not dazed.
Move: move to AE1

Moon Wraith 1
Regen 5HP
Standard: Attacking last space it saw the Mind Flayer what with it being latched on his head and all.
Lunar Violation: +9 vs Fort (restrained, total concealment, CA from MF being Dazed) (Target: Mind Flayer) (1d20+14-2-5+2=16)
Sure that's a big fat wiff.
Saving Throw: Restrained, Dazed (1d20=7, 1d20=18)
Mind Flayer being dazed should end the grab.

[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you only shift through one opponent's space with Crescent Arc, effectively meaning you can only target one creature with the power?

In other news, I need to figure out a different strategy; you're swabbing the deck with me ... Yar.[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

They can pass through any creatures space, but only once per creature. meaning they can't just slid back and forth attacking the same creature over and over again.

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 3, continued

The snake misses the lich with its bite.

The wraiths regenerate.

One of them swoops across the deck, dazing two foes. (ooc: Both hits; mind flayer lets go of MW1)

The other flails at the mind flayer, but finds only air.

Initiative and status
Mind Flayer 88/101, dazed (save ends) <== you're up
Angel, 152/152, unarmed, dominated and immobilized (save ends both)
Baelnorn 210/210
Celebrant 40/117 bloodied, snake form, slowed (save ends), dazed (save ends)
Moon Wraith 2 76/76
Moon Wraith 1 73/76, restrained (save ends)

Resources used:
Celebrant:
Lich: Fey Ire
MW2: crescent arc

[sblock=map]
OniSessadore007.png

[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
The illithid is reeling from the wraith's assault, but manages to get its bearings enough to find the lich. Once it does, a rippling wave of psychic energy rips through the air towards the undead spellcaster, blasting its mind.
[sblock=Actions]Mind Flayer
Standard: Mind blast U-Y-10-14. Vs. Lich: 33 vs. Will, 16 psychic damage. On a hit target is dazed (save ends). On a miss, half damage and not dazed.
Save vs. dazed: 10.

Angel
None.
Save vs. dominate & immobilize: 4. (I accidentally wrote daze instead of dominate on the roll comments, but you know what I'm talking about.)[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
The skeletally thin eladrin clutched its head in pain, letting out a howl of anger. Lashing out his boney hand he unleashed another blast of mind searing radiance, before turning unsteadily on the mind flayer.

I'll deal with you in a minute.

[sblock=Actions]

Baelnorn
Regen 5HP
Fey Ire: Recharge 4,5,6 (1d6=6)
Standard: Fey Ire: +15 vs Will (Centered on AA17, Burst2) (Target Order: Celebrant, Angel) (1d20+13+2=31, 1d20+13+2=17)
Radiant Damage (2d8+7=15) and the target takes ongoing 5 psychic damage and is dazed (save ends both). Miss: Half damage, and the target is instead slowed (save ends).
Saving Throw: Dazed (1d20+2=22)

If I can have the angel attack itself I'll do that, if not I guess he can just keep lying there.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads