• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Questions: Dragon attacks

shawjames

First Post
Can a Dragon use all of its attacks in a partial action? The dragon in the TSR d20 module Forge of Fury states that it can attack with both claws, bite and both wings as a partial charge. This seems to counter what I know about partial actions... Can anyone confirm this?

Also, I have another question on those bad ass 4 armed monkeys, the Girallon. It states that for it's rend ability, it needs to hit with both claw attacks. But it has 4 claw attacks. Does this mean it can only rend if it hits with all 4? or any 2? If any 2, then can it rend twice in one round if it hits with all 4?

Thanks a bunch!!

Jairami

First Post
Gads. And to think we missed that in the playtest...

You're correct. Dragons get a single attack as a partial action (such as a partial charge). Like any other creature, they only get all of their attacks when using the Full Attack action. Keep in mind Forge of Fury was written while we were all still figuring out what terminology meant what. I assume that slipped past the editors and playtesters due to our inexperience with the system...

Now a hasted dragon that uses it's extra partial action to partial charge and then it's regular turn to full attack....... Ewwww....

Remove ads