D&D 5E Monster Slayers of Vvarvendel

Trogdor1992

First Post
You are all in the main hall of your newly established Monster Slayer's Guild, when you hear a loud knock at the door. A curious new recruit maybe? Or perhaps a potential first client? Only by answering the knock will you know...

Thateous

Explorer
Varus opens the door and stares at the patron through deep elven eyes waiting for some form of introduction and reason for the disturbance.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Guildhall

The unnaturally pale dwarf sat in an overly large chair near the hearth, a large stack of tomes beside him, one open in his hand. He looked up in annoyance at the knock on the door, pushing back his red hair from his brown eyes. His robes glimmered with protective glyphs and magic. He picked up a goblet of fine wine and took a sip.

“Give them a copper and send them away,” the dwarf said in a clipped, arrogant tone.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Well dressed half elf lounges in the hall, reading a book. Rolling eyes at the dwarf, he stands up and goes to the door. New clients are not gained by waiting for them to knock on your door. And even if that is not new client, good reputation can bring clients. Even commoners can spread the word.

[sblock="Potential patron"]
"Welcome to our halls sir/lady. We bid you enter our hall and be safe."
After offering the drink
"Pray tell us why you grace us with your visit?"
[/sblock]

[sblock="Beggar"]
"Alms? Of course. But wouldn't you rather eat something?"
"Go behind and ask the cook if there are leftover he could share."

After the person goes away he calls the servant and bids him tell the cook to feed the poor.
[/sblock]

[sblock="Curious local"]
"Yes, good man/woman, we're the new hall of monster hunters. The hall is new, but each of us has more experience in hunting various things that threaten humanity than fish has with swimming. You'll understand if we don't invite you further than the great hall, there are things in other areas you may not want to see.

Here, try this wine."

He patiently answers the questions and insinuates, not very subtly (it is a commoner after all), that this here is the finest and most powerful collection of individuals anywhere on the continent. And if there are serious problems with monsters, we're the ones to call. If things go bump in the night, we're not interested. If there is haunted house in the village, call somebody else, too easy. But if people start having their faces covered with strange crab like creatures that leave them unharmed. And then couple of days later they are found gruesomely murdered with their chests exploded outward, THEN you call us.

So, when there is something dangerous around, Who you gonna call?

He is charming, but doesn't allow the person too many questions before excusing the group with some work/research or other and gently, but firmly ushers the person outside.

"We need reception service." he suggests to the group
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"A call!"

The voice came from above, where large wooden rings the size of wagon wheels dangled from the ceiling by chains, with lights burning around their circumference to brighten the great hall up.

"A call to ACTION!"

From where she'd been sitting on one of these chandeliers, a tiny humanoid figure suddenly erupted into the air in a burst of light and glowing particles that quickly faded in her wake. She descended like a diminutive comet, aimed directly at the door; a wild riot of color, light and manic glee.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Thanks a lot, guys! We wait for weeks, and then as soon as ENWorld eats my character, we start! I can't even remember his name. all I know is Elf Paladin20.

Arcturus Rime! Thanks, Neurotic.

Last edited:

Trogdor1992

First Post
At the door is a small, elderly halfling. When you answer he says "Are you the one's to see about exterminating monsters? I may have work for you."

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Trogdor1992

First Post
OOC: Feel free to jump in and work on your character [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION] I don't really need his stats until a combat occurs.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
At the door is a small, elderly halfling. When you answer he says "Are you the one's to see about exterminating monsters? I may have work for you."

"Of course, of course. Come on in."
OOC: see my last post "potential client" block for details :)

Trogdor1992

First Post
"I'd like to get right to business, If that's okay with the bunch of ya" the halfling says, seemingly uninterested in pleasantries.

Remove ads