Monster stat list

nick012000

First Post
ThirdWizard said:
Hey! I'm really far along on a similar project. I hope you don't mind if I yoink some of your stat blocks for a pdf I'm working on (as well as some of the ones posted up in this thread). There have been an amazing number of monsters posted onto the internet, far more than I ever thought would be before June!

No problem at all. Go right ahead.

I've updated the document with all this new information, and appended it to this post. Thanks to everyone who's posted something new here.

EDIT: Corrected Grick AC.

Last edited:

keterys

First Post
I accidentally left off the 9 in the Grick's AC - it's AC 19, not 1. Anyhow, thanks very much for putting these together.

Spatula

Explorer
Thanks for putting this together!

I believe the XP value for the human bandit (2nd monster) is incorrect - all other 1st level creatures are worth 100xp. Also, the 12th level dwarven warlord is listed as have a +3 to hit with his attacks, which seems like an obvious mistake.

nick012000

First Post
Spatula said:
Thanks for putting this together!

I believe the XP value for the human bandit (2nd monster) is incorrect - all other 1st level creatures are worth 100xp. Also, the 12th level dwarven warlord is listed as have a +3 to hit with his attacks, which seems like an obvious mistake.

I dunno about the bandit's XP; I was just copying what I was seeing on the boards, for the most part, though I did go over the images I saw to get some of the stats. As for the Dwarven Warlord, you're mixing up the name of his attacks with the attack bonus. He doesn't have +3 to hit; he's hitting you with a +3 Axe.

wedgeski

Adventurer
Man that's great. :) Thanks to the OP and to everyone else who has diligently pored over the stuff coming out of DDXP over the weekend.

The_Fan

First Post
Baumi said:
Some young tieflings, striving to find a place in the world, choose a name that signifies a concept and then try to embody the concept. For some, the chosen name is a noble quest. For others, its a grim destiny.

Modern Names: Art, Carrion, Chant, Despair, Fear, Gladness, Hope, Ideal, Music, Nowhere, Open, Poetry, Quest, Random, Reverence, Sorrow, Torment, Weary.

The Emo is strong with this one.

Zinovia

Explorer
They put "Ex" as an example female tiefling name? A little bit of a vendetta there perhaps?

"Yeah, my ex is one mean infernal b*tch."
:]

jelmore

First Post
I appreciate all of the work you and others have done in compiling monster stats. However, there's one somewhat signifcant issue with your Word doc; all of the attack options are capitalized, so it's not possible to tell the difference between a melee basic attack and a melee attack option. Granted, many of them should be easy to suss out, but it's the edge cases where it becomes important.

In my files, I'm using "(m)" and "(r)" to indicate basic melee and basic ranged attacks, and "M" and "R" for special melee and ranged attack options.

Maltrok

First Post
I hope you don't mind, Nick...

I grabbed your very nicely compiled data and looked at the pictures from the upcoming MM and tried my best to duplicate their format.

I made very few edits: reordered them alphabetically (mostly, I kept the skeletons together and such), replaced some commas with semi-colons and such.

Again, mega props for pulling this together, I wouldn't have even though to do this if you hadn't brought this all into one place.

edit: anywhere I didn't know something I just dropped in ??? (for most everything) or ?? (for stats)

Attachments

• monsters2.doc
    150 KB · Views: 265

Remove ads