Monte Cook teases The Magnus Archives Roleplaying Game

darjr

I crit!
Oh. It's a podcast.

53841022._SS1000_.jpg.png

The Magnus archives is a fictional horror podcast which expertly utilizes atmospheric effects in order to simulate the visual effects of classic horror. The story follows a diverse and engaging group of archivists, focused on Jonathan Sims, the newly-appointed head archivist of the fictional Magnus Institute—an institution based in London centered on research into the paranormal. Sims begins the story as a denier of the supernatural, in disbelief of the events and activities which he is tasked with archiving.

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
A lot of people, including me, think The Magnus Archive is the best horror story in podcast form so far. It starts off with a setup that justifies stand-alone episodes, then introduces additional ongoing elements piece by piece. It’s a master class in balancing long-term planning with improvisation. I dunno how they’ll make an rpg of it, but I sure what to find out - at this point I have the highest regard for and trust in the folks at Rusty Quill and a lot of time for Monte Cook Games.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Same setting as BOTH TANNIS and Tapes. Actually didn't realize ALL three were connected.
Yeah, but the slices of the world they feature are very different. It's like the World of Darkness: Yes, you are running the same world in Vampire the Masquerade as Mage the Ascension, but you almost definitely want to get the dedicated mage book to run them.

JAMUMU

actually dracula
I like the sound of it, but at the same time it also sounds like the kind of thing my Delta Green team would....uh....[REDACTED].

Remove ads