Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved

Acid_crash

First Post
Me, I'm putting my vote that it's Arcana Unearthed 2nd edition, but calling it Arcana Evolved just sounds a lot cooler. Or....heck, I don't have a clue but I bet it will be cool.

Can you tell us if it's gonna be cool without breaching the NDA?

well the info on the Monte message boards seems to indicate that it will involve some sort of power up.

At the least there is an image from it of a Littorian looking at a buffed up image of himself in the mirror. Which could be anything from a spell to an epic handbook.

In terms of the things it isn't post. Interesting that:

a 3.5 upgrade

an epic handbook

and a general update

were not on that list.

Gez

First Post
I'm guessing it will be a grab bag of new material. New subclasses for witches, champions, and totem warriors. New spells and feats and prestige classes and monsters for everyone.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Well, I hope he's putting Mike to good use. No offense to the Malhavoc people but Mike was doing a ton of stuff and his output at Malhavoc seems, well pitiful for a guy who can do so much. What've we had like two books, one co-authored or something by him?

Not good for a guy who normally puts the majority of the work into hardcovers for other companies.

mearls

Hero
JoeGKushner said:
Well, I hope he's putting Mike to good use. No offense to the Malhavoc people but Mike was doing a ton of stuff and his output at Malhavoc seems, well pitiful for a guy who can do so much. What've we had like two books, one co-authored or something by him?

Not good for a guy who normally puts the majority of the work into hardcovers for other companies.

The question that you need to ask is, "What could Mearls be working on that would take him 6 months to complete, before editing, playtesting, and layout?"

Of course, I can't answer that quite yet. I think we'll start talking about it in January.

Remove ads