• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monte Cook's Book of Experimental Might II: Bloody, Bold, and Resolute

Pinotage said:
I agree that's it's a good time to do it now, particularly given that Pathfinder is around and does increase power levels in general. I don't agree that people don't care because the new edition is on the way, though.
I don't know about "people". Just talking about me (and maybe my group) in this case. I don't have to be so tight about "game balance" and stuff like that anymore. It is a kind of "relief" that doesn't make exactly sense, from a purely rational point of view, but it still feels like it to me...

Woas

First Post
Does anyone know if this is going to be Print on Demand or some other print version? A source book like this is not helpful in .PDF format.

SSquirrel

Explorer
Woas said:
Does anyone know if this is going to be Print on Demand or some other print version? A source book like this is not helpful in .PDF format.

Funny, I see posts from people all the time here and on Monte's boards by people who are headed to almost exclusively pdf. I'm not one of them, but they do exist. Sadly there will NOT be a Complete Book of Experimental Might, picking them up separately is your only option. Sales of both BoXM have been very brisk for Monte tho. I think after a week he said he had already sold 1k copies of BoXM 2 over on his boards.

Woas

First Post
SSquirrel said:
Funny, I see posts from people all the time here and on Monte's boards by people who are headed to almost exclusively pdf. I'm not one of them, but they do exist. Sadly there will NOT be a Complete Book of Experimental Might, picking them up separately is your only option. Sales of both BoXM have been very brisk for Monte tho. I think after a week he said he had already sold 1k copies of BoXM 2 over on his boards.

Although I heard only good info about BoXM 1, really don't need even more alternate rules for spellcasters so I skipped it. I'm always interested in new (melee) combat rules and such so BoXM 2 is right down my alley. So thats a plus. Having them together wouldn't be necessary.

I hear you in the .PDFers. To each their own I guess. I suppose it is linked with GMs bringing laptops to the game table. Me, I could never do that. Too much temptation for distraction and I feel it sort of hurts face-to-face human interactive touch that the game thrives on. Its more like face-to-"face thats always looking away at a screen and never really paying 100% attention to you".

Anyway... I'll keep my eyes peeled over at lulu for it.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Woas said:
I hear you in the .PDFers. To each their own I guess. I suppose it is linked with GMs bringing laptops to the game table. Me, I could never do that. Too much temptation for distraction and I feel it sort of hurts face-to-face human interactive touch that the game thrives on. Its more like face-to-"face thats always looking away at a screen and never really paying 100% attention to you".

In the sense you are describing here, how is a DM bringing a laptop to the gaming table different from one bringing a DM's screen and notes and papers and rulebooks?

Both kinds of DM will have to on ocassion look away from the players' faces, after all, to consult whatever resources they have at hand....

Woas

First Post
Wolfspider said:
In the sense you are describing here, how is a DM bringing a laptop to the gaming table different from one bringing a DM's screen and notes and papers and rulebooks?

Both kinds of DM will have to on ocassion look away from the players' faces, after all, to consult whatever resources they have at hand....

Well at least for me, I don't really bring much to the table when I GM other than dice. ;) And the very few occasions there is a need to open a rule book, last I checked rules books don't have access to the internet and Lasagna Cat. Or games. Just boring words which further encourages me to want to close them ASAP. :)

Thanks for the heads up Jaws.

roguerouge

First Post
For me, it depends on who gets the powers. For the melee characters, I'm totally willing to revamp things a bit to accommodate players making the sacrifice to play a fighter or a TWF ranger. For druids, clerics, and wizards? Not so much.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Woas said:
Well at least for me, I don't really bring much to the table when I GM other than dice. ;) And the very few occasions there is a need to open a rule book, last I checked rules books don't have access to the internet and Lasagna Cat. Or games. Just boring words which further encourages me to want to close them ASAP. :)

Thanks for the heads up Jaws.

Not all laptops have access to the internet either....

Remove ads