Monte's Secert Project>>Anyone NOT care?

Crothian

First Post
I'm looking forward to Episode 2 more then this secret project. I know what Episode 2 is about. The Secret project is allhype, no substance. I'm sure it'll be good and I'll get excited when it's actually anounced, but until then I'n not going to care about something I don't know anything about.

shilsen

Adventurer
Napftor said:
That's quite refreshing, shilsen. How's everything in Philly?

I presume you mean it's refreshing that someone's not buying all the stuff out there. I find I can have a decent game with just the core books. We use the classbooks because my co-DM has them, but we'd be happy without them too. Plus, with the ENBoards, what other resources does one need?

As for Philly - it's hot as hell here!

sircaren

Explorer
Henry said:
It's like Christmas - if you think about it every day till it gets here, you'll go nuts.

Meanwhile, there are plenty of new and exciting products on the market now well worth the chatter: CoC d20, Deities and Demigods, and more 3rd party d20 stuff than you can swing a dead halfling at. Not to mention the CRPG Dungeon Seige, which I keep hearing about.

I wouldn't be too excited about Dungeon Siege. I don't want to start a huge debate on the subject here, but I was quite dissapointed. (That dragon was sooooo dissapointing.)

I'm not particularly excited abou the "secret" either, just going to be another supplement.

Last edited:

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Rune said:
Book of Vile Darkness? Ugh!

BOOK OF INFINITE SPELLS.

Come on, who's more qualified than Monte right now to break down the spell system so folks can create completely custom spells for their characters? Damage X, range Y, effect Z = spell level Q.

He's already used this knowledge to make two of the most popular supplements out there. It's completely up his alley.

Of course one has to wonder why he'd give away the cow instead of the milk...

Mark my words: BOOK OF INFINITE SPELLS!

Wulf

Napftor

Explorer
shilsen said:

I presume you mean it's refreshing that someone's not buying all the stuff out there. I find I can have a decent game with just the core books.

This is exactly what I mean. With everyone chattering about what they're getting next or waiting for down the road, it's refrshing that someone is not doing these things. Core books. That's what they're called. That's all you need.

I can't say I'm one of these as I buy just about everything that I can find, but it's good to see the opposite angle. Unfortunately, back to the topic at hand, I just can't get myself excited about the secret project. As someone stated, I think Monte is one of the best too, but I can't say I've been anxiously awaiting ANY supplement because there's just so much to choose from. Not to mention the repeated themes when publishers compete! Oi vey!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
...so...hard...to...resist...telling...everyone...ugh...must...not...tell...

URGH

okay, I'm all better now.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I'm not interested, but that's probably becuase I accidently found out what it is, and contains. I was interested before I knew, but without the secret nature of it, the actual contents just seems to be something of a waste of Monte's talent.

You know what?

I don't blame you for being sick of hearing about it. I'll be truthful. I think it's supremely dumb that I can't just tell you what it is, particularly at this point.

I've communicated with WotC to tell them how dumb I think the policy is.

But oh well. All I can say is, I'm sorry.

Remove ads