• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Mood Druid multiclass (?) w/ Arcane Trickster vs. Illusionist

glitterstem

First Post
I am involved in what I suspect will be a low level game for some time based on the amount of EXP we have received from two sessions so far (53 exp). In other words, I am not assuming we ever get past level 10.

I built a Gnome Moon Druid. I know that is not an optimal racial choice, but I have a character concept I want to play. I also know some on this forum think Moon Druids are OP. I don't think that is going to be an issue with my concept, or with this DM.

I am looking ahead at 2nd level Illusionist or 3rd level arcane trickster as a possible multi class. I like the rogue skills and my DM has made clear he would allow sneak attack to apply to dex attacks while I wild shape. I also like the idea of doubling my proficiencies in two skills. And the mage hand seems like a nice feature.

But with the wizard I get improved minor illusions because of my racial, plus a lot more spells.

And then again, I know many think the thing to do with Moon Druid is avoid the multi class.

Anyone got thoughts on either of these combos? I ask, in part, because I think my DM would be open to me swapping some dex for int or the other way around etc... to better set this up since we are so still so level and simply went with a 27 point buy in.

I am not going to base my decision on the fact that we do not have a rogue in the group, but we don't.

Remove ads