D&D (2024) Moon druid with weapons mastery?

Incenjucar

Legend
I think that, broadly, many people would like more to do on their turn. This has made a lot of folks HUNGRY for the first morsel they see.

Well the template option for wildshape is dead as a dodo anyway, so this issue is moot.
Yeah, I disagree. :) That is not what I got out of anything that JC said. Based on years of evidence in subclasses and optional rules, I ultimately think that templates will be the way they move forward. They just need to tweak them to enable the flexibility and options people are concerned about.

Druids should have been nerfed to half casters if they're going to keep powerful shape shifting. As is, it's too much in one class, and just hearkens back to CODzilla days. No thanks. I don't think they should get ANY wild shape outside of spell slot expenditure to distinct forms.

Druids should have been nerfed to half casters if they're going to keep powerful shape shifting. As is, it's too much in one class, and just hearkens back to CODzilla days. No thanks. I don't think they should get ANY wild shape outside of spell slot expenditure to distinct forms.
An easy way to balance it would be having them burn spell slots for more powerful shapes of the moon druid.

And to the OP. That would make weapon mastery a non bonus. It makes no sense to give every nice thing martials have to spellcasters.
I guess beast shapes will have similar abilities in... so maybe yes, if it is fueled with slots.

Remove ads