Moon Knight - SPOILERS

MarkB

Legend
Interesting opening episode. I know nothing about the character, so had no idea what to expect. The whole blackouts / dual personality thing was confusing, but deliberately so, very well portrayed from the viewpoint of the befuddled Steven.

It was nice to see a lot of the action taking place in the UK, though from what I understand that may not last.

The action was well done, with the cupcake-van chase being stand-out, a nice blend of action and occasional comedy. I'll be interested to see more of the title character in-costume, and of how they develop the Egyptian-themed mythology.

Just finished the first episode. I really liked it. I think they did a great job of making me understand Steven's point of view. Egyptian mythology is also really fascinating and I can't wait to see all the ways it gets blended into the story. Can't wait for more and definitely suggest it to anyone that is on the fence about watching it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I know nothing about the character — does his alter ego have superpowers?

I quite enjoyed it. It was good to see it being set in the U.K. (even if briefly). Makes it feel like a real place!

I know nothing about the character — does his alter ego have superpowers?

I quite enjoyed it. It was good to see it being set in the U.K. (even if briefly). Makes it feel like a real place!
They don't show the powers much in this episode. They are implied during his personality shifts. However, we do see some fighting ability and regeneration.

MarkB

Legend
They don't show the powers much in this episode. They are implied during his personality shifts. However, we do see some fighting ability and regeneration.
I'll be interested to see how obvious his persona-switches are from the outside. Like, we see that he manifests a costume and superhuman abilities, but presumably he doesn't do that every single time he switches - like, he didn't ask his co-worker out for the best steak in town while cosplaying as bat-mummy.

Ryujin

Legend
I'll be interested to see how obvious his persona-switches are from the outside. Like, we see that he manifests a costume and superhuman abilities, but presumably he doesn't do that every single time he switches - like, he didn't ask his co-worker out for the best steak in town while cosplaying as bat-mummy.
I never really followed the title, but Moon Knight would show up from time to time in titles that I did follow. If I remember correctly only his Mark identity has the powers. I believe the Mark identity is the original personality, so it's very interesting that they start out with Steven instead.

Enjoyed this first episode enough, less than halfway in, that I was already sad that they didn't drop the whole thing at once. That's usually a good sign.

pukunui

Legend
I know it’s just the one episode so far, but I usually watch MCU content with my children, and I’ve heard this one is “brutal”, so I’m wondering if I should watch it by myself first.

MarkB

Legend
I know it’s just the one episode so far, but I usually watch MCU content with my children, and I’ve heard this one is “brutal”, so I’m wondering if I should watch it by myself first.
So far there's no actual gore, but several very obvious deaths on-screen, and the first scene had me wincing in sympathy and getting Die Hard flashbacks.

Remove ads