Moon Knight - SPOILERS

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
the bloody feet part is the part that really throws this for me. If they are in purgatory on their way to afterlife then why the bloody feet? i hope we get a better explanation

First off, it isn't "Purgatory". That's a Christian concept, and does not apply to a Jewish man bound to an Egyptian god.

It would also help to not think of the Duat as a place dominated by its own objective existence. The Duat is bound up with the person's psychological and/or spiritual state (if there is a difference between those things). From this point of view, much of what is there is metaphor or symbolic in nature. The bloody feet are the symbolic representation that the Psychiatrist's office isn't reality, and that the psychiatrist has, in that space, more than just the face, but indeed the role of Harrow. The psychiatrist is there to prevent Marc from interfering, and possibly outright destroy Marc.

It is ambiguous as to whether the psychiatrist was a creation of Marc's mind, or if Harrow actually had a spiritual presence there - the difference may be academic. The symbolism, however, is the same either way.

you are correct. its not purgatory per se but its a transition area of some sort (isnt Duat a journey/quest to the afterlife). It just feels like Harrow was there based on his shock and the orderly's reactions. Its was done through 2 episodes which makes it hard to believe it was unintentional

Ryujin

Legend
I think he balances at the moment not because Steven has been removed, but because it was in that moment when Steven and Marc come to terms with each other. That is the moment when they recognize each other's right to exist, and value as a person, rather than as an inconvenience or problem to themselves.
While that's certainly plausible, and most likely the correct interpretation, it sure didn't strike me that way when it happened. "OK, you threw away the nice guy and NOW you're fine?"

Dire Bare

Legend
I think he balances at the moment not because Steven has been removed, but because it was in that moment when Steven and Marc come to terms with each other. That is the moment when they recognize each other's right to exist, and value as a person, rather than as an inconvenience or problem to themselves.
STEVEN: "You've got this Mark! Wait, if he's got this, I got this!"

pukunui

Legend
While that's certainly plausible, and most likely the correct interpretation, it sure didn't strike me that way when it happened. "OK, you threw away the nice guy and NOW you're fine?"
It wasn't the act of "throwing away" Steven that balanced Marc's heart. It was his realization that he couldn't live without him that balanced it.

Got my little Disney D23 newsletter email today and it had an article of many of the easter eggs for the series and had some that I definitely did not catch when I watched the show. For instance, there are four QR Codes for free comic book issues, but I only remember seeing one or two of them.

kermit.jpg

Anklesgone55

Villager
If Ammit does have foresight instead of predestination, we don't have a conflict....if foresight can be wrong.

Really good episode, I too was delightedly surprised that Ammit was exactly as she seemed, no plot twist, no hidden scheme. Just straight up "this is what I believe, and this is what I'm going to do". I also really liked Harrow at the end, when she said he was imbalanced, he just straight up said "alright I'm ready to die". He was a true believer, and as evil as you might think he was, he was no hypocrite.

Alright, Layla go beat up falcon and take his stuff, your my new favorite!
I am kind of thinking that Ammit sees the many different paths that can be chosen by a single person and kills that person- if they have a bad path- so that they can't choose the path. Hence, free will and foresight.

Remove ads