Mordenkainen's Tome Of Foes Showing Up In The Wild -- See These Preview Shots!

That tweet seems to have disappeared quickly - I can't find it on his account, unless I'm missing something. And it's not surprising if it has been removed as it's a month before even the FLGS release date!

That tweet seems to have disappeared quickly - I can't find it on his account, unless I'm missing something. And it's not surprising if it has been removed as it's a month before even the FLGS release date!

DaishoChikara

Explorer
Yes, actually. But I've been here a long time and playing the game even longer. But thanks for asking! Its a priveledge to be quotes on only your first or second post here. Post much? ;)

Just because I've never posted before doesn't invalidate what I had to say. You're the one crying about crap that no one else is bothered enough to post about. Then when someone calls you out on it, you try to make yourself sound important by comparing post counts? Talk about childish. But that's okay, because I'll apologize to you. I'm sorry I gave you the attention you crave in the first place. You can reply if you want, I'm done with this thread.

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
Geeze, people are touchy! Did my smiley face not give comfort and confer my jovial, good-natured ribbing? I mean, anyone else want to put me in my place? Tell me I don't belong anymore because I don't subscribe to this edition, or lost faith in a company I used to support? If you don't want my attention, don't ask for it. And there is an ignore feature if my humor isn't to your taste. It won't hurt my feelings, I promise.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Well, a distinction without a difference: dragonvorn and Tieflings are both much more ludicrous and over the top than Halflings with distinctly different proportions, bit that's cool too.

It is OK that you don't like D&D Halflings, some folks don't like Tieflings or Dragonborn. I'm fine with both. That's life.

I like dnd Halflings. Not sure what gave the any other impression. Not liking their 5e art direction is an entirely different thing.

But Tieflings and Dragonborn aren’t ludicrous or over the top at all. Their art direction is just as grounded and “normal fantasy art” as the human or dwarf art. They’d be at home in any fantasy visual medium. The only difference between them and dwarves in that regard is that they’d cost more to do well in a live action medium, and thus would be less likely to be main characters, especially the DB who would require either cgi or a full body suit. None of that is cartoonish.

Adults who look like toddlers is a cartoonish art direction. There is even a word for it. They look like “chibi” art of adult characters.

Geeze, people are touchy! Did my smiley face not give comfort and confer my jovial, good-natured ribbing? I mean, anyone else want to put me in my place? Tell me I don't belong anymore because I don't subscribe to this edition, or lost faith in a company I used to support? If you don't want my attention, don't ask for it. And there is an ignore feature if my humor isn't to your taste. It won't hurt my feelings, I promise.
Then why are you posting in a 5e forum?
There are several other forums for generic RPGs and past editions.

I don’t play Pathfinder much anymore. So I don’t go to threads on their newest released, let alone post just to complain. What purpose would that serve?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Geeze, people are touchy! Did my smiley face not give comfort and confer my jovial, good-natured ribbing?

eb9.gif

I mean, anyone else want to put me in my place? Tell me I don't belong anymore because I don't subscribe to this edition, or lost faith in a company I used to support?

You still belong here. Even if you don't like this edition or lost faith in a company you used to support.

That said, I suspect your thoughts would be more appreciated if they were more about topics that more people might be interested in regardless of edition. Your thoughts on 5e are not edition neutral (and being posted in a 5e fan thread specifically) but your thoughts on "traps and secret doors" or "railroading vs sandbox" or "sentient magic items" or "how do I deal with this problem player/DM" would be.

Not that I am telling you what to post. But...you asked why someone reacted so touchy to your post, as if that was something you didn't particularly want as a reaction to your posts (suggesting they ignore you).

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
[MENTION=2525]Mistwell[/MENTION] Thank you! For that reasonable, rational, mature, and unemotional response. And for that Skeletor gif! I think I watched it for a minute before reading the rest of your response.

And you're right. I could post my thoughts and ideas on system neutral topics, as I have in the past. I still do sometimes. But mostly I just read and don't always have time for posting. Not unless I think I have something funny to say. And it's not always as funny as I think it is, and it's never funny for everyone. Some people take their hobbies way too seriously. I like to think that I am lightening the mood. Most of the time...

Anyway. I am not concerned with appeasing everyone else, though I do my best not to cross certain lines. Morrus (and a few others) keep me in check. I poke fun at everything, and if it gets some laughs, great! Mostly they go unnoticed or ignored, and that's fine too. I've played the game for almost four decades, been through edition changes, forum battles, much like many others here. I poke fun of it all, and if you're really perceptive, you may see a lot of my humor stems from echoing other voices and attitudes we see so often on these boards. I laugh at them, and I laugh with them, and sometimes others laugh with me. Everyone needs to relax and laugh a little more. And seriously, if you don't like what I, or someone else is saying, ignore them. Pick your battles. Don't waste your time and energy on someone you know nothing about beyond a hundred words typed on a forum. Cheers!

Warpiglet

Adventurer
That is cartoonish. An adult with the proportions of a 4 year old is cartoonish.

The idea that a race with the agility and coordination represented by +2 Dexterity has the proportions of a 4 year old human is just absurd.

Look, I love this edition. I like a lot of the art work. My group laughed and mocked the PHB pics of the halflings immediately!

Remove ads

Remove ads