• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

More Chicago Gaming: D&D in FR

Hollywood

First Post
My gaming group in the western suburbs [Schaumburg and Aurora are the typical gaming sites] is looking for one to two additional gamers, from novice to experience. Perferably 21+ professionals or college/grad students.

The game setting is Forgotten Realms, mostly in the Silver Marches and the party ranges from 5th to 12th level.

Reply to this thread if interested.

Thanks

P.S. Just as a tidbit, we have quite the cast of characters so far in the group and do a bit of role-playing and action combined so that there is fun for all. Here's our current cast:

lazy human fighter attempting to become a wizard
sarcastic halfling bard who is always causing trouble
elven monk raised by gnomes and is a master of the Death Nostril
dwarven underdark archer and stalker of foul beings [not playing currently]
stoic barbarian out to make a name for himself [dead]
dwarven cleric-fighter whose aim it is to spread the word of fine dwarven ale
halfling rogue whose given up thievery and learning the "ranger" trade
half-orc wizard who died and was ressurected as a leopard and is attempting to make the adjustment

Last edited:

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Hollywood, do you want to post a notice about this on our cork board? It would be best if it fit on a 3x5 card.

Hollywood

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
Wish it was closer but each case it's over a half hour drive.

Understandable... must say that we usually only game in Schaumburg if we do it on a Friday night because most of the people work in that area and one of us lives there, so it makes it easy. On Sat/Sundays we usually game in Aurora, that way everyone has plenty of time to get there... think 3 of us live about 20 to 30 minutes away.

Jaddis

First Post
additional info

Our group also utilizes a lot of miniatures and scenery, especially for encounters. Really helps to have trees or walls to hide behind to make use of the cover/conceal rules in 3ed.

officeronin

First Post
In the area

I'm in the area (Southwestern Hanover Park) -- when do you game?

Email me at: officeronin@yahoo.com

Just as a caveat -- I buy most of my gaming supplies at Games Plus. Yes, it's a drive, but they know their stuff. Way better than the two gamer stores in Woodfield...

OfficeRonin

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads