• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

More Lethal Nukes & Radiation Repost

AnimeSniper

Explorer
Well since the site going down and then the Backup Reload of the Site naturally a few forum posts were sadly lost to the net gremlins including where I was posting my craziness for MORE Lethal Nukes & Radiation posts.

Of course this will take me a while to transcribe from the last page print-off that I did back onto the site for your bemusement but it will soon return and hopefully stay.

I would greatly appreciate that no replies are done at this time and if a poster has copy could you send/PM them to me since I only have until day-x before the site down days

The following books are what I mainly source my info from and they are the following.

D20 Future
Future gives the RAW stats for Nuclear Missiles

D20 Apocalypse
The D20 Apocalypse gives the DM/GM a good grasp of nuclear war, page eight, and the then aftermath and what could be found x-centuries down the road.

Last edited:

AnimeSniper

Explorer
RAW Nukes are Weak here's how to make them more Lethal

In the d20 Future book a Nuclear missile of one megaton yield does only 16d8 damage to the targeted impact zone or ground zero and thus a high level player with above 128 Hit Points could survive a point blank detonation directly in their face.

1: Implement a circular zone of four as follows; Ground Zero, Zones One/Two/Three with each zone beyond Ground Zero having reductions in the damage that the players would receive.

Ground ZeroFull Damage + 3A
Zone OneFull Damage + 3A * 75%
Zone TwoFull Damage + 3A * 50%
Zone ThreeFull Damage + 3A *25%

Warhead Yield
2: First we could take the Core RAW stats and say that they are for the one kiloton rated bombs, missiles/torpedo's, and warheads with the dice damage being multiplied by the overall Yield of the weapon. Thus a weapon like the 15 KT Little Boy dropped on Hiroshima would inflict a minimum of 240 to a maximum of 1920 at Ground Zero.

3A: Include from Links to follow the following additional damage to the rolled damage.

Blast Damage50%
Radiation15%
Thermal/Heat Damage35%
Residual Radiation10%

Warhead Yield Megaton & Above
3B: For Megaton Yield weapons/ordinance increase the dice to d10/12/20/100 or use the following from Kronos182 http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-s-d20-Stuff&p=6835422&viewfull=1#post6835422

4: Keep the RAW Stats and merely add the additional percentages in 3A to the overall damage at ground zero and then include the reduced dividends for each zone beyond ground zero

Once again I would greatly appreciate that no replies are done at this time and if a poster has copy could you send/PM them to me since I only have until day-x before the site down days

Last edited:

AnimeSniper

Explorer
Targets & Surviving the Blast

Unfortunately in a Real World Nuclear event the following would be targeted by the opposing enemy forces

Targets
Targets of the Nuclear Bombardment would be the following.

Condensed Population AreasBig Cities like New York, San Francisco, etcetera
Government InfrastructureAny Government Facility or personage that could restore order
Military Bases & InfrastructureAll Military
Civilian, Commercial, and Industrial Infrastructure

Surviving
Surviving a Nuclear Detonation the player or party must be beyond the four zones of destruction and Far away from Ground Zero or take shelter when they see the initial flash of detonation by the Cold War method of Duck and Cover or betting behind a sturdy structure and hope to survive. If the players are above ground within Zones One/Two/Three the they have the following chances of surviving the detonation.

Ground Zero100% Death Rate
Zone One25% Chance Survival, Residual Radiation Exposure
Zone Two50% Chance Survival, Residual Radiation Exposure
Zone Three75% Chance Survival, Residual Radiation Exposure
Beyond Zone Three100% Survival, Residual Radiation Exposure

​Shelters
The players could also make it to a designated and rated Fallout Shelter that is constructed x-feet underground, reinforced, and shielded. If the player make it to a shelter then the must interact both civilly and survive the conflicts introduced with other players/NPC's. Players who emerge either from private or civilian shelters

Once again I would greatly appreciate that no replies are done at this time and if a poster has copy could you send/PM them to me since I only have until day-x before the site down days

Last edited:

AnimeSniper

Explorer
Residual Radiation Exposure, Contamination, & Sources

Residual Radiation Exposure

In the RAW errata http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/MSRD:Environment_and_Hazards#RADIATION_SICKNESS but is lacking in substance for the more in-depth player.

Once the radioactive fallout settles x-days/weeks/months/years from the initial bombardment, Day Zero, the players or their descendants can emerge from the safety of their shelters into the new wasteland. With luck they won't run into any NPC's survivors who wish to take what the players have.

Sadly, those players/NPC's without the proper equipment i.e. a Geiger counter will eventually run through an area contaminated or consume products that have residual radiation exposure. Now Radiation is per second so the longer you tally through that bomb crater, near those waste barrels, or eat that juicy steak the player is slowly increasing their overall Exposure.

Weakd4Water Sources, Dust Pools,
Lightd6
Moderated8
Highlyd10/12
Severed20/100Nuclear Reactors/Vents

Environmental Contamination
Depending upon the time passed since the nuclear bombardment and the spread of radioactive fallout some areas remain untouched by radiation while others are filled with the ruins of the old world and deadly to the unprepared.

Contamination- Careful it's HOT
Only properly stored equipment, items, and other in radiation shielded shelters or containers are free of contamination while those found in the wasteland have weak to moderate residual radiation contamination.

Radiation Sources
Depending upon the Progress Level Nuclear Power Plants and its derivatives could be found powering the most recent automotive or other vehicular conveyance.

Last edited:

Remove ads