More Lycanthropic Mayhem For DM's To Use and Abuse...

Krishnath

First Post
Ferret Don't rush, I can wait. :D

Clay_More: If I make a were-octopus, it will be nothing like the mindflayers. And the hippo people are called Giff, and they should be erradicated at any cost.

corridor

First Post
Definitely at least one of these two..

Werefox
Werecoyote

Someone please send him stats for one of these two. My DM would love to see either (tho pref the fox). Sadly I have no stats on either of them.

It looked like werefox was a possibiliey a bit back but sort of dropped from the line up. I think a werefox would be neat..

Krishnath

First Post
Well, werefoxes are still a possibility. The only one that is completely locked is the Weredeer, but that is only because I want them myself :D Besides if I do three or four new lycanthropes doesn't really matter does it?

Krishnath

First Post
Why would I want to use the stats for the dire hyena when I have the stats for the common hyena? And I will probably not make a wereraccoon.

Locked:

Were-deer

Other ideas I am considering:

Were-badger
Were-bison
Were-fox
Were-hyena
Were-owl
Were-seal (if someone could find me the stats for the sea-leopard.)
Were-wolverine

Anything else?

corridor

First Post
Were-badgers? We don't need no stinking were-badgers!

Sorry.. Couldn't help it..

I'd say
Were-deer (is fixed on the list)
Were-fox (my DM is bugging me for one)
were-seal (we need more aquatic lycanthropes)

Not sure how terrifying a were deer is. Unless it's like those deer in that one episode of The Simpsons.. The ones that groweled at Lisa.. ;)

Just my thoughts on it..
-Corridor

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
If you want a were-seal then you'd better find the stats for the Sea-leopard as that is the only seal worthy of becoming a lycanthrope (as it is also the only seal that has been know to kill and eat humans.)

Were-fox is almost locked, but only almost. :D

Ferret

Explorer
Hyena
Animal (Medium)
Hit Dice: 4d8+20 (38hp)
Initiative: +1 (Dex)
Speed: 40 ft.
AC: 16 (+1 Dex, +5 natural)
Attacks: Bite +6 melee
Damage: Bite 1d8+6
Face: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: None
Special Qualities: Scent, Low-Light Vision
Saves: Fort:8 Will:5 Ref:2
Abilities: Str:16 Dex:13 Con:15 Int:2 Wis:12 Chr:8
Skills: Hide +1, Listen +6, Move Silently +3, Spot +5, Wilderness Lore +1*
Feats: Dodge
Climate: Warm hills, plains, and deserts
Orgranisation: Solitary, pair or pack (3-18)
CR: 3
Treasure: none (1/2 standard if saddlebags)
Alignment: Usually neutral
Advancement: 7-10 HD (Large)

Though satisfied with carrion, these loping and cackling nocturnal scavengers will often hunt for food, or bully swifter predators away from their kills. Hyenas are sometimes used by evil beings as mounts. Rare intelligent Hyenas (INT 4, make Wilderness Lore racial bonus* +5, add one level to all skills, treat as Magical Beast when needed) will usually be of evil alignment.

Skills: *Hyenas receive a +2 racial bonus to Wilderness Lore checks when tracking by scent.

COMBAT
Hyenas are very good at assessing risk vs. reward, and will only attack when they have a clear advantage. They prefer intimidation and flanking, and pay close attention to their opponents.

Dodge: Hyenas gain +1 to AC on attacks from a single selected opponent.

Just reversed the Dire template no other editing

Raccoon
Small Animal
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
Initiative: +3 (Dex)
Speed: 30 ft, climb 20 ft, swim 20 ft
AC: 15 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +1 natural)
Attack: 2 claws +4 melee, bite -1 melee
Damage: Claw 1d3, bite 1d4
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Slow fall, scent, low-light vision
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Climb +11, Listen +8, Spot +8, Swim +11
Feats: Weapon Finesse (claws, bite)
Climate/Terrain: Temperate forest
Organization: Solitary or den (male plus female and 1-2 young)
Challenge Rating: 1/2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 2-3 HD (Small)

The most distinguishable characteristics of the raccoon are its black mask across the eyes and bushy tail with anywhere from four to ten black rings. The forepaws resemble slender human hands and make the raccoon unusually dextrous. Both their forepaws and hindpaws have five toes. Coloration varies with habitat, but tends to range from grey to reddish brown to buff.

The raccoon's body is stocky and generally weighs from 13-15 pounds; weight varies with habitat and region as well. Males are usually heavier than females, but the difference is often indistinguishable. Raccoons' body length ranges from 2 feet to 3 1/2 feet.

COMBAT
Raccoons attack with their forepaws and teeth.

Slow Fall (Ex): A raccoon that is within arm's reach (or forepaw's reach if you prefer) of a solid surface (wall, tree, etc) can use the surface to slow its descent. The raccoon takes damage as if the fall were 30 feet shorter that it actually is.

Skills: Raccoons receive a +4 racial bonus to Listen and Spot checks.

ACTIVITY/ECOLOGY
Raccoons are nocturnal and seldom active in the daytime. During extremely cold, snowy periods, raccoons have been observed sleeping for long periods at a time, but do not hibernate. Primarily a solitary animal, the only real social groups raccoons form are that of mother and young. Although, occasionally a male may stay with a female for a month prior to breeding and until after the birth of their young.

Raccoons have a highly developed tactile sense. Their human-like forepaws are especially sensitive and enable the raccoon to handle and pry open prey and climb with ease. With their fine sense of hearing, raccoons are also especially alert. Similarly, raccoons have excellent night vision. Their common gait is a shuffle like walk; however, they are able to reach speeds of 15 miles per hour on the ground. Raccoons climb with great agility and are not bothered by a drop of just over 10 times their own length.

As well as being excellent climbers, raccoons are also strong swimmers, which is beneficial to an animal that often lives near water. However, they are reluctant to swim; without waterproof fur, swimming forces them to take on extra weight. Raccoons don't travel any farther than necessary; they travel only far enough to meet the demands of their appetites.

And again no revision on it. I post this here so if you need it you can, and others see it.

I hope these help...

Remove ads