• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

More mixed power sources

dangerous jack

First Post
I was thinking the other day about how I liked how some of the new E-classes in 4th edition were listed with multiple power sources, and thought I'd fill in the grid. Since I'm not a fan of tying classes too tightly to roles, I figured this could be a better way to differentiate classes in the next edition.

Anyway, thought I'd post in case others had similar thoughts.

Martial = Fighter, Rogue
Martial / Divine = Paladin, Avenger
Martial / Arcane = Swordmage
Martial / Primal = Ranger, Barbarian, Warden
Martial / Psionic = Monk
Martial / Shadow = Assassin

Divine = Cleric
Divine / Arcane = Warlock (reinvisioned to put more emphasis on the entity from which they draw power)
Divine / Primal = Runepriest (your connection to the divine grants you knowledge of the elemental building blocks of the universe)
Divine / Psionic = Invoker (mental fortitude to contain and shape divine energies)

Arcane = Wizard, Artificer
Arcane / Primal = Sorcerer (combining natural energies with arcane energies)
Arcane / Psionic = Bard (emphasizing mental manipulation and arcane effects)
Arcane / Shadow = Necromancer (using arcane energy to shape death and "darkness" itself)

Primal = Druid
Primal / Psionic = Shaman (your psionic powers to communicate with or manipulate others extend to natural spirits)

Psionic = Psion

I didn't include the Ardent, Battlemind, Seeker, or Warlord because I see these as just builds of the Psion, Monk, Ranger, or Fighter, but YMMV

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads