• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

More modern relics

Phasmus

First Post
Van Gogh's Ear having been slipped in just before this post, I humbly submit instead: The first book (a Bible, presumably) printed on a Gutenberg printing press.

Rockefeller's First Earned Dime.

A bone knife, carved from part of one member of the Donner party for butchering other members of that ill fated group. (A bit of historical license on that one).

Hawking's wheel chair. (for a game set in the future).

Any significant bit of the Titanic.

Last edited:

David Bowie's platform boots.

Goth poems scrawled on a Denny's napkin. They're relics. Artifacts of greatness. The first works of a modern master...REALLY! THEY'RE GREAT! YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND ME!!!! *sob* Can I get a refill on this coffee? Thanks.

:p

Turanil

First Post
Hitler's skull, supposedly used as an ashtray by Stalin after the end of WWII.

LOL :p
This would be great for a modern Call of Cthulhu adventure, where the PCs finally find a skull which is but Hitler's skull. I keep this weird - bad taste idea in my mind for some adventure someday!

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Nice starting one there. Scary item.

Definitely The Spear of Longinius. That's a great one. Here's some other ancient weapons.

Those are a bit too old.

How about the cars which people died in - The Archdukes or JFKs for example.

Gizmos from Area 51. Particularly anything from the suposed Roswell crash.

J Edgar Hoovers secret files... or his favorite dress, if those rumours are true. :)

Possibly props from TV shows - perhaps William Shatners first phaser pistol really does something? Conans sword really does cut through steel?

Or slightly more gruesome the gun(s) that killed Brandon and Bruce Lee?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I think I could whip up a neat adventure about a group of people who suffered unfortunate deaths after obtaining some old roman silver coins.

They were once used as payment to a guy named Judas...

Dirigible

Explorer
Pistol found that killed 8.5 million people

"Gentlemen, I call it the HyperOmniPistol !"
"It... it... has a lot of barrels."
"You should see the clip. Ng-hoy!"

On a more nerdish level:
* Peter Jackson's Directors chair.
* The contract from when Gygax sold his soul in order to bring D&D into the world and corrupt the youth.
* The one, true functional lightsabre.
* The one, true script for Star Wars II that didn't suck.
* Vin Diesel's character sheets.
* The WotC Setting Proposals that were sequestered by the Vatican and sealed in the Black Library.

Remove ads