• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Morning: Danger Girl, "If You Want Blood (You've Got It)" - M&M, PL 6

madwabbit

First Post
Per my earlier attempt at midnight, I would *like* to play Zero. With that said, I will likely come back just after 800pm tonight to sign-up for this game again, in the hopes that Zero will be available. If someone gets him before me, so be it. I'm not sure I'd be all about Barracuda, and I can think of at least two other folks coming who'd be a MUCH better Barracuda than I could ever be.

Werd.

And I think it would be an abomination in the sight of the Gaming Ghods for a male (or more specifically, me) to play any of the female Danger Girls. Those characters are (IMHO) the ideal perfect character for any woman to wish to play, and there is absolutely no sexism or feminism intended in that assertion -- it's simply a statement of fact.

My Danger Girl fanboi-ness, let me show you it.

Cassander

First Post
And I think it would be an abomination in the sight of the Gaming Ghods for a male (or more specifically, me) to play any of the female Danger Girls. Those characters are (IMHO) the ideal perfect character I'd want for any woman to wish to play, and there is absolutely no sexism or feminism intended in that assertion -- it's simply a statement of fact my "preferences".

FIFY.

I mean, your assertion was disproven earlier in the thread when Frai's first choice was declared to be Agent Zero. Some women would prefer to be a male ninja, apparently.

As for Barracuda, I haven't read the comic and from the description at the top and on Wikipedia I thought he was more of a loser, but upon further investigation, he seems a little more Bond-like. So I guess I'll let someone who knows the comic take him.

madwabbit

First Post
I mean, your assertion was disproven earlier in the thread when Frai's first choice was declared to be Agent Zero. Some women would prefer to be a male ninja, apparently.
Note that I didn't say that the male characters were ideally only for males to play.

Perhaps I wasn't clear: I think that women players should have first crack at any of the female characters here, because (like Hollywood roles for strong and smart women), characters such as these are fewer in number than I think they should be. If they choose not to play those, then whatever else they want to play, subject to whatever is available, is totally cool.

Upon reflection, yes, I guess that is sexist, albeit of the reverse kind. Sue me. Perhaps I should have majored in womens' studies in college, instead of the simple certificate in it that I received -- it obviously didn't take well enough. ;)

Last edited:

AIM-54

First Post
Sign me up!

My preference would be to play Zero, but I'm willing to play anyone. :)

It said 8:00 on my computer, anyway. :p

Remove ads