• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Morrigan Press] Call for submissions (Talislanta)

morrigan

First Post
Morrigan Press is currently looking for writing submissions for our Talislanta Fantasy Roleplaying Game line. We have need of the following:

1. A Regional guide to Imria. We are looking for 14,000 to 18,000 words describing the society and culture of the Imrians along with some historical information and current events particularly concerning the annexation of Batre and past expansionist moves. Initial submissions should contain a detailed outline of the proposed guide along with a writing sample and list of previous credits or Talislanta experience.

2. A a regional guide to Jhangara. We are looking for 14,000 to 18,000 words describing the society and culture of the Jhangarans along with some historical information and current events particularly concerning relations with Aaman and Jhangaran converts to orthodoxy.

Deadlines for the above is noon EST on April 30th, 2005

3. A regional guide to the Dark Coast region. We are looking for 18,000 to 24,000 words describing the society and culture of the Green Men, Ahazu and Moorg-Wan.

4. Optional and advanced rules for Windships including history of, navigation and operations, windship combat rules and windship design rules. Submissions should contain a detailed outline of the proposed rules along with a writing sample and/or Talislanta experience.

Submissions for these last two will be accepted until noon EST on May 15th, 2005.

These are all paid opportunities and compensation will be commensurate with experience.

Cheers,
Scott Agnew
Morrigan Press Inc.
www.morriganrpg.com

morrigan

First Post
sinner said:
Do you need any art?:heh:

Actually for these projects no we don't but I looked through your elfwood portfolio and liked what I saw. I've passed your info onto my art director and he should be in touch shortly.

Cheers,
Scott Agnew
Morrigan Press Inc.

StoneJackal

First Post
Scott,

I had replied to your previous Open call for Morrigan Press (Adventures - Fantasy) and tried to follow up but received no responses. <Roberthunter99@rogers.com>

Are you still looking for ideas?

For the Talistanta work I assume that having the core information will be required or will that be provided for those who are accepted for the contract.

I have a similar concern to StoneJackal's. I'm a fan of the Talislanta setting, and I also submitted for the earlier open call with an adventure proposal, but I don't have the D20 Tal rules yet. Will they be provided for writers whose proposals are accepted? I plan to pick up the book, but I'm not sure if it will get here in time for me to digest it enough to apply its rules to a proposal.

Do you perhaps have an excerpt you could provide, showing what the d20 Tal book has to say about the topics these proposals will cover?

Also, what email address should we use to contact you?

mattcolville

Adventurer
sinner said:
Do you need any art?:heh:

Sinner, if that's your art at Elfwood linked in your sig, why are you having trouble getting work? That's top level stuff there.

I say this as the former art director for the Star Trek RPG and the Dune RPG.

sinner

First Post
Thanks mattcolville:D .To be honest the industry is so flooded with tallent that it can be hard to be seen in the crowd:uhoh:.

If you have any work or hear of any can you please pass it on to me. I would hate to go back to barwork

sinner

First Post
chookandspud.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads