Morrus - Why pick on fight club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicht

Hero
I posted this in another thread but thought I would ask again - Is there a valid reason for blocking the post counts from fight club - its not like we are spamming...

I guess post counts in the big scheme don't really mean a lot, but it was still fun to watch the numbers go up... More fun than watching them stay at exactly the same level.

Just thought I would ask. I guess I was really suprised to find out you had shut off the post count and would just like a reason.

:(

graydoom

First Post
Wicht, I think he was just doing it as a joke, in the spirit of the thread he posted about it in. I can't speak for him, though.

Wicht

Hero
graydoom said:
Wicht, I think he was just doing it as a joke, in the spirit of the thread he posted about it in. I can't speak for him, though.

Oh. :eek:

Ok. I hope so - but that means it ought to be turned back on at some point.

Wicht

Hero
Oh and since I am trying to get Morrus' feed back - what are the chances of html ever being turned on or had we better disillusion ourselves of the rumor it might get turned on. :cool:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I can't speak unequivocably, but unless we find a method for enabling html while disabling javascript, I do not believe we will be turning on html. I'm sorry about that; hopefully, we'll find a solution.

Wicht

Hero
Yeah I knew that - just the rumor has been going around - based on the profanity filter editing out certain script messages.

MythandLore

First Post
Piratecat said:
I can't speak unequivocably, but unless we find a method for enabling html while disabling javascript, I do not believe we will be turning on html. I'm sorry about that; hopefully, we'll find a solution.

Good idea, being able to use javascript in posts is really dangerous.

Wicht

Hero
Anyway - enough with hijacking the thread :D

still the question remains - Why pick on fight club? Just for a joke. Or is there another darker reason...

enquiring minds want to know

graydoom

First Post
Piratecat said:

PC, hasn't this already been done? <-script minus the hyphen is on the censor list, thus :):):):):):):):) (that was <-script minus the hyphen). Without that, scripts cannot be made. With scripts unmakeable (and anything else you guys want disabled you could censor the same way) HTML can be re-enabled without consequence.

Re-enable HTML! It hurts no one, and helps everyone who wants to spruce up their posts!

Anyone who abuses stuff like that can simply be banned, anyway.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
graydoom said:

PC, hasn't this already been done? <-script minus the hyphen is on the censor list, thus :):):):):):):):) (that was <-script minus the hyphen). Without that, scripts cannot be made. With scripts unmakeable (and anything else you guys want disabled you could censor the same way) HTML can be re-enabled without consequence.

Re-enable HTML! It hurts no one, and helps everyone who wants to spruce up their posts!

Anyone who abuses stuff like that can simply be banned, anyway.
If there are no other issues (and I really can't tell, being not at all familiar with java script), this sounds like a good method to handle this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads