• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most Hated Actors

Szatany

First Post
From the top of my head, in no particular order:
christina ricci
martin lawrence
barbara streisand
steve zahl
ashton kutcher
adam sandler
will smith
drew barrymore
denise richards
jason biggs
cameron diaz
steven seagal (although he is not an actor, rather "combat dummy").
EDIT: glen close !!!
As you might noticed, i don't find them worthy of capital letters. :eek:

Last edited:

milotha

First Post
Strangely, my least favorite actor of all is: Kevin Costner. After ruining the Postman and Water World, what can you say.

Jim Carrey
Adam Sandler
Steven Seagal
Tom Greene
David Spade
Chris Farley
Pauly Shore

Pam Anderson
Meg Ryan
Demi Moore
Lucy Lui

i'm surprised no one has mentioned one of my most hated: Ben Stiller.

he puts out a movie every few months, they're all horrible. Jerry Stiller must not have rubbed off on him very much. ben's such a douchbag. it seems I remember a movie that I laughed at, but I cannot remember what it was and I know it wasn't even in the last 5 years.

horrible.

I hate bennifer as well, but I've always liked Matt Damon. Bourne movies, Talented Mr Ripley. Good stuff.

kolvar

First Post
Leonardo was great in Gilbert Grape and Jim Carrol (or whatever the name of this movie was, where he played a junky). He was a decent evil king in the man with the iron mask (And for all, who ask, why he was cast: He draws the chicks, ah sorry, girls, to a movie, only boys would normally attend to. (By the way: what a great charge!!!!). The same goes for most other actors, who are cast to get to the lower part of the body of either male or female audiences (I should know, my wife loves Keanu and I myself think, that J.Lo is quite hot in this one scene in this dream-movie (oh, the movie was that bad, I even can't remember the title)).

Dustin Hoffman does it for me. He is a great "actor" (although it is said, that he does not act but lives the roles) but he has some rather silly ways.
Andy Macdowal (or however she is written). She ruins every movie.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
kolvar said:
He was a decent evil king in the man with the iron mask

[snarl]

That still irritates me.

To take Depardieu, Malkovich, Byrne, and Irons, and to then put diCaprio in two roles...

Rrrrr.

-Hyp.

RaceBannon42

First Post
comedy

Do a lot of you people not like comedies?
I see a lot of hate for Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, Jim Carey, and Jack Black. I find most of there stuff to be hilarious. ( And I havent seen Envy so I'm not holding that against anyone) Granted some of there stuff can be pretty low brow, But Stiller has a lot of intelligent comedy in his background too. And hey, Weiner and fart jokes can still be funny even if low brow. Its not like these guys are carrot top, tom green or pauly shore. I get hating those three.

BluWolf

Explorer
Richard Gere.

He seems like an OK guy but his acting is so dull it's distracting. Only role I ever seen him in worth the watch was "Officer & a Gentleman".

D+1

First Post
Villano said:
The problem is of course that Best Actress implies that she was, well, the best actress.

That doesn't mean that I'm diagreeing with you. All film awards mean less than nothing.
There are two awards I can think of that carry ANY real weight, or are anything less than a peurile, self-congratulatory shcmooze-fest. One is Peoples Choice, the other is BOX OFFICE/sales numbers. The Oscars is the worst offender by far. Year after year the discussion about who will win is based LASTLY on merit for work performed and foremost on who will get votes based on all other criteria - repeatedly lost so gets a sympathy vote, heavily campaigned, is owed favors by others, holds politically correct views, etc. I stopped watching them last year because it got me too p.o.'d to stand it anymore.
And, really, is Ben Affleck the one you want determining what film had the best sound editing?
Just for the fun of picking a nit, the actors don't vote on the technical awards. The Academy technical awards may actually be meritorious, but I don't know enough about the behind-the-scenes of the technical side of the motion picture world. Who does? Although, because of the sickeningly biased voting on the more celebrity-oriented categories, even if they ARE meritorious they retain the appearance of being used as consolation prizes to the actors/productions that just don't quite rate high enough on the brownie points scale to get awards for an ACTUAL "best" performance.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads