• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most Hated Actors

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Maybe that's why I don't watch oscar-style movies. Too much sob story for my tastes! I prefer action and some comedy movies (depending on which ones). But mostly action flicks.

@Kolvar: :lol: at your SN. 'Cause a friend of mine used the same name for his Klingon persona some years ago (he's since "retired" playing Klingon).

Villano

First Post
D+1 said:
Just for the fun of picking a nit, the actors don't vote on the technical awards.

Oh, thank God for that! At least the Academy realizes that actors are indeed too stupid to vote in certain categories. :lol:

The Academy technical awards may actually be meritorious, but I don't know enough about the behind-the-scenes of the technical side of the motion picture world. Who does? Although, because of the sickeningly biased voting on the more celebrity-oriented categories, even if they ARE meritorious they retain the appearance of being used as consolation prizes to the actors/productions that just don't quite rate high enough on the brownie points scale to get awards for an ACTUAL "best" performance.

Oh yeah, the "consolation prizes". Very true.

crabclaw

First Post
Will Smith (Defiler of Classic/Great Sci-Fi Flicks)

Jim Carey and Tom Green – are the funniest people alive!

Last edited:

Brandigan

Explorer
Adam Sandler
Julia Roberts
Keanu Reeves
Sandra Bullock
Steven Steagal

I thought I had repressed these memories, thanks a lot you @#$holes!

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Umm wow, you all suck. :)

Seriously I can't think of any actor that stops me form watching a movie. OK carrot top being the star would proably stop me, but I've never seen him in a movie so I can't say. Pauli Shore seems to be a favorite on this list and yet I can think of a few movies I saw of his that I enjoyed enough that it was worth the price of admitence.(and I bet lots of the haters did at the time, but now in our current conventional standards of comedy his style no longer flies) I wont buy any of his movies except maybe in the army now which was good enough where I might.

The closest for me is robin williams in a comedy roll. He always seems to come across as just attention starved and not very funny, just sort of like an annoying kid trying to get their parents attention.

My guess is though that instead of picking actors people here would be better off pciking genres. Many of the hate actors lists were basically a colection of actors who acted in 1 type of genre. There seems to be a world of hate going aorund for the stupid style comedy, like dumb and dumber(hated it) or dude where's my car(should be in top 10 greatest comedies)

Teflon billy said:
I can't beleive the poster above who hates Sean Penn. Penn can kind of be a dink to the media, but as far as acting ability goes, the man has the chops. He is almost universally respected by his peers and is one of the few "naturals" that the hollywood system has produced in ages.

He makes good material fantastic…

Hating Sean Penn is like hating quality acting.

I agree. I like Sean Penn too. And I like his choice of roles. And I like how he's a "dink" to the media. Didn't he punch a photographer a few years ago?

[off topic] the popperazzi and the servile slugs they pander to are among the lowest forms of humanity. If I was famous, I'd be punching them too. They would have dozens of great pics of my middle finger in their faces. They wouldn't be able to print or broadcast anything I said to them because of the FCC. When I get into my car, they'd know to run (not walk) out of my way.

As an intelligent human being with my own life, I really don't give a rat's ass who J-lo married this week, or what Britney wore to an awards show, or who Tom Cruise was seen with last week, or what Madonna does on her vacations. I really don't care.
[/off topic]

Actors I don't like:
Kevin Costner
Nicholas Cage (though I hear he is a cool person in RL, I just don't like his acting.)
Leonardo Didouchbag
Jenean Graffalo (if she would just shut up, it would make a big improvement)
Bett Midler (please God, stop the torture)

Along with some others....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads