Most Iconic SF/F Princesses

Just saying "sci-fi/fantasy princess" is basically too broad of a category for me to work with.

You have the world of highly gendered, kid-targeted princesses, such as the Disney princesses or Barbie princesses. You have the mythical royalty like the goddesses of the Greek and Roman pantheons. You have all the fighting girl characters from video games like Zelda and Peach. Space action princesses like Leia Organa or Voltron's Alura. Oh, jeez, and that brings anime into the mix. Where do I even start?

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Just saying "sci-fi/fantasy princess" is basically too broad of a category for me to work with.

You have the world of highly gendered, kid-targeted princesses, such as the Disney princesses or Barbie princesses. You have the mythical royalty like the goddesses of the Greek and Roman pantheons. You have all the fighting girl characters from video games like Zelda and Peach. Space action princesses like Leia Organa or Voltron's Alura. Oh, jeez, and that brings anime into the mix. Where do I even start?

Fair. I would say where ever you like.

Maybe pick a genre and or a media?

Does SF princesses from film and TV help narrow it down?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I like the thread, but can’t really contribute! I only remember a few characters as being “royals” in the fiction I’ve read or watched, and most have already been listed.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
I do love Adora. And all the Princesses of Power.

I ever get someone to run a Legends of Grayskull (or other MOTU) game for me, I've already made it clear that I will be playing Marlena of Earth, First of Her Name, Queen of Eternia, Empress of the Etherian Alliance, Protector of the Honor of Grayskull: She-Ra.

Remove ads