Most Iconic SF/F Princesses

Richards

Legend
First and foremost - and the first one to pop into my head - would be Dejah Thoris, Princess of Helium, from the John Carter of Mars series by Edgar Rice Burroughs.

Next up: Princess Leia Organa.

After some thinking: Probably Princess Buttercup, but only from a lack of other contenders coming to mind.

Johnathan

Staffan

Legend
The first two ones are clear:
Leia of Alderaan
Diana of Themyscira

After that, the first name that comes to mind for sci-fi princess is Dejah Thoris, but I'm not sure how fixed she is in the public consciousness.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The first two ones are clear:
Leia of Alderaan
Diana of Themyscira

After that, the first name that comes to mind for sci-fi princess is Dejah Thoris, but I'm not sure how fixed she is in the public consciousness.

Dejah Thoris is iconic for us cool nerd types, but I suspect a bit antiquated for the general populace

Thourne

Hero
I'll be honest, I don't know D'Vana Tendi is. But if she feels princessy to you, I say yes!
Lower Decks. The Orion Engineer.
She is Mistress of the Winter Constellations.

1701123084339.png

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I'll be honest, I don't know D'Vana Tendi is. But if she feels princessy to you, I say yes!
She’s from Star Trek:Lower Decks cartoon, shes an Orion (the Greenskinned humanoids of Star Trek) The Society is matriarchal oligarchy based on ‘crime families’ - they are infamous as pirates and slavers, though they insist they are primarily Traders - Dvana Tendi belongs to the fifth largest Family and was trained from birth as an assasin ‘Mistress of the Winter Constellations’ (which is a hereditary title she got from her grandmother).

Now I’ve written that out and based on her title being hereditary I’d agree she counts albeit her society isnt really conducive to princessdom.

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
Adora, Aurora, Eilonwy (books, not film), and Zelda are my personal iconics of those who've been mentioned, but I also have a soft spot for the more obscure Princess Gwaelin/Lora (Dragon Warrior/Quest 1).

Remove ads