• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most important stat for a rogue

Most important stat for a rogue

• Str

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Dex

Votes: 49 54.4%
  • Con

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Int

Votes: 35 38.9%
  • Wis

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cha

Votes: 2 2.2%

Apok

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
I've never seen Int as the most important, even though I know that many on these boards think so. Rogues already have many skill points, enough to take plenty of skills in a specialized area as well as the good 'ole standbys. (Of course, a player in a game I ran played a human rogue with Int 18, so what do I know...)

Because a high Int helps to pump those Int-based skills. Appraise, Decipher Script, Disable Device and Search being the big ones. Other than that, the majority of their skills are based off of Dex and Cha.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Apok said:
Because a high Int helps to pump those Int-based skills. Appraise, Decipher Script, Disable Device and Search being the big ones. Other than that, the majority of their skills are based off of Dex and Cha.

By my count, there are the same number of rogue skills based on Int and Dex, though Int includes seldom-used ones such as Craft, Forgery, and Decipher Script. Most of the Dex ones, though, can't be retried, so the modifier tends to be more important.

It's just an opinion of a 'feel forthings', so there's not much to argue about, but I still stand by my Int/Cha statement.

brun

First Post
One of my players played a rogue whose stats were, in priority order, int, str, dex and cha, con, wis.

took a long time for theothers to figure out he wasn't really an aristocrat fighter, what with fighting with a greatsword and all...

Darklone

Have some dwarven Fighter Rogues here who started with mainly rogue levels...

They have: Con, Strength, Int, Dex, Cha, Wis...

Yeah, Wis is lowest... but they're a crazy bunch of nutties.

With Con 20 you don't need Dex.

DDK

Banned
Banned
It's all about the skillz, baybee!

Minimum Int is 14 for any rogue I create. The other stats are dependant on the focus. I usually go for Dex simply because I like that sort of character but there are also the thug types (Str) and the sauve types (Cha).

But at the end of the day, it's all about the skillz, baybee!

Destil

Explorer
Depends entirely on the type of rogue. It's easily one of the most flexible classes in the PH, no two rogues would answer the same.

Remove ads