MotW: Forsaker

Crothian

First Post
This is one of the coolest presitge classes I have ever seen. Well, the idea.

How would you like d12 HD, fighter BAB, Good fort and will saves. Sounds pretty good so far huh?

How about +1 to any ability per level? Spell resistance equal to class level+10. Limited fast healing (only heals so much per day). Let's see you get con bonus to AC, slipperry mind, and damage reduction. Plus the ability to get through other DR.

What do you have to do? Give up the use of all magic. No magical healing, no magic weapon, nothing. Can't cast spells, can't have spells cast on you, willingly. You also need to destroy magical items for the DR.

I think this could be very fun. It's seems to be made for a Barbarian, but I think it's work great for a fighter as well.

Thoughts?

Orco42

First Post
A player in a campaign of mine was like that.... but he didn't get any of those bonuses.

Sound kinda munchkiny.... I like! :D

Crothian

First Post
Orco42 said:
A player in a campaign of mine was like that.... but he didn't get any of those bonuses.

Sound kinda munchkiny.... I like! :D

That's why I say I really like the idea. THe bonuses are pretty good, but in a high magic campaign this would be great to role play. However, in a low magic campaign, this is very powerful.

EOL

First Post
I haven't picked up MoTW yet, but it's nice to see WoTC taking some chances. This sounds like a great concept. You are right that the power of this class would depend in large part on the level of magic in the campaign.

What's the in game reasoning given for the class were his parents killed by an evil wizard leaving him with a deep, undying hatred of magic and a lightning shaped scar on his forehead? :D

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
EOL said:
What's the in game reasoning given for the class were his parents killed by an evil wizard leaving him with a deep undying hatred of magic and a lightning shaped scar on his forehead? :D

Bonus points for a Harry Potter reference. Actually the reason is in the prequites. And I like it when people do this with these classes.

"The character must once have been the victim of a magical attack that seriously wounded him or threatened his life."

Crothian

First Post
Rashak Mani said:
What are the requirments for this PrClass ?

Besides the one listed above, you need to swear off the use of all magic. No exception. This includes casting spells, having spells willingly cast on you, and all magical items. Any use of magic and all powers are lost and you have to be magic free (join Magic Anonymous or that group Willow goes to I guess) for a year and a day.

Also you need Great Fortitude, Iron Will, and Lightning reflexes.

EOL

First Post
The more I think about it the more I like it. I think it would make a great organization, but more than that a great foil for the PC's. Imagine putting the PC's up against a group where you never had to give out any magical treasure. Why that's the greatest thing since the elimination of THAC0!

Orco42

First Post
I can only think of one big down side. Unless you are a monk you can hit anything with DR unless you can hit REALLY hard.

Maybe it is not so munchkiny.....

Crothian

First Post
EOL said:
The more I think about it the more I like it. I think it would make a great organization, but more than that a great foil for the PC's. Imagine putting the PC's up against a group where you never had to give out any magical treasure. Why that's the greatest thing since the elimination of THAC0!

That's just too good. Also, the Forsakers destroy magic items. So, they can continually steal magic from the PCs, or even better raid places the PCs eventually go. So, the Forsakers steal and destroy all the magic. They can raid the local magic shops and temples. I'd make it more like a roving band of Barbarians that only accept Forsakers in their clan.

Then, of course, you need a very power Mage or group of mages, that constantly attacks places thus creating the potential for more Forsakers. Give the PCs both problems to solve!!

Remove ads