• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mountains of Mirkwood

rkwoodard

First Post
Hello,

I have pre-ordered The One Ring RPG (from Amazon, so no PDF). Since I can not geek out on the rules, I am using all my Tolkien books to geek out on a adventure.

I think I have found a good one. I have found references that the enchanted river in Mirkwood flows from the Mountains of Mirkwood. I think I can build a really good quest to track the source of the enchantment back to the mountain.

What I need is a good template to build the mountain on. I don't know if any of the ICE supplements to the old MERP has any details. But I know that I can not afford to buy them even if they did.

So, what really good mountain adventures are out there? I don't care about the system (As I will have to convert it to the new One Ring system anyway.

If you are not familar, the enchanted river in Mirkwood would put you to an unwakeable sleep. It was a major obstacle of Bilbo Baggins and company in traveling through Mirkwood.

Regards

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Dan Cruger's maps will surely help -

Tales from the Tower: Maps

Scroll down to the Mirkwood section and this -

(. . .) the plans of the tower of Sarn Goriwing. The great black spire rises out of the center of the waterfall called Goriwing near the headwaters of the enchanted river (S. Guildin). Lachglin the Animist resides here.

Mirkwood+Sarn+Goriwing+residence+of+Lachglin+the+Animist.jpg

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
In an adventure I ran several years ago, the mountains of Mirkwood were being mined by slave workers from the Necromancer's tower for a special mineral to use in a necromantic eldritch device created by the new Necromancer, Thrain son of Thror, who had been corrupted into a Ringwraith by Sauron using his dwarven ring.

A side effect of the spill-off from the mineral mining was a wide variety of giant insect life, who were fighting a lively war against the native giant spiders.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads