• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Movement (Double Move)

doktorstick

First Post
Howdy.

What do the following situations mean for a character that has a move of 30 ft.? In which situations can the character take a double move and how far can he go?
  • You can only move your speed.
  • You can only move half your movement.
  • You can only move half your speed.
  • You can only walk.
  • You cannot run.
I have been playing it as (double move in parentheses): 30 ft. (60 ft.), 15 ft. (30 ft.), 15 ft. (30 ft.), 30 ft. (N/A), and 30 ft. (60 ft.). Clarification is appreciated.

Cheers,
/ds

Maitre Du Donjon

First Post
Hm.

IMO

1) max 30'
2) 15' (30')
3) 15' (30')
4) 30' (60') (a double move isn't not walking)
5) 30' (60')

Where did you get these situations from?

Maitre D

doktorstick

First Post
From various modules or DM contrived situations. The two most often contended are the "you can only move your speed" and "you can only walk". The PHB describes the double move as a "hustle" (or jog).

/ds

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
doktorstick said:
From various modules or DM contrived situations. The two most often contended are the "you can only move your speed" and "you can only walk". The PHB describes the double move as a "hustle" (or jog).

/ds

I interpret things pretty much the same way you do. A double move involves moving at a speed greater than a mere walk - if the situation calls for you to saunter casually down the street, then a single move (30') would be all you could manage.

Remove ads