Movement Tray Recommendation

fjw70

Adventurer
If I wanted to do mass combat with D&D minis, does anyone have any movement tray recommendations that will work with the D&D minis?

Ganymede81

First Post
It is pretty easy to make movement trays from thin PVC sheet, quarter-circle plastic dowels, and a small miter box. I used all that stuff to make custom movement trays for my Ogre Kingdoms army and it turned out great.

Draegn

Explorer
I have used paper cards with the unit information written down on them. The size of the card represents the unit size, X soldiers per square.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I believed eve they are 1” for medium size, 0.5” for small, and 2” for large.

Yeah, since bases are traditionally measured in metric—trays for 25mm will work for medium, 50mm will work for large. Hopefully the small bases are 20mm (13/16") not a 0.5 inches (13mm)—I've only seen movement trays for 20mm bases at the smallest.

fjw70

Adventurer
Yeah, since bases are traditionally measured in metric—trays for 25mm will work for medium, 50mm will work for large. Hopefully the small bases are 20mm (13/16") not a 0.5 inches (13mm)—I've only seen movement trays for 20mm bases at the smallest.

I was hoping someone had experience using some of these trays. 25 mm is very. Lose to an inch so may work. Maybe a will pick one up and try it out. Thanks.

I appreciate the comments but I am not interested in making my own.

Remove ads