Movie Sequels

R_J_K75

Legend
Theyre Launching the XR-2300, do you know what that is? The muffler bracket from a ‘79 Pinto? NO! Thats the XR-2200, the 2300 is the lunar shuttle.

I will go to my grave saying that Airplane II: the Sequel is better than Airplane: the Motion Picture. A lot of the jokes people associate with AP1 are actually from AP2.

Caveat: Chronicles of Riddick discussions are forbidden from this thread, those moves were like a dime store Star Wars, Star Trek or Dr Who.

Doesn't have to be a direct sequel, just one in a franchise that redeems it.

Have at it...

R_J_K75

Legend
Pat Sajack had a bit part reporting a inferno in Buffalo in AP2
AP2-Buffalo Pat Sajak.jpg

MarkB

Legend
Similarly, I'd say that Hot Shots Part Deux has a more consistent hit ratio that the first movie.

Moving on from parodies, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol comes to mind, taking a played-out series and reinventing it as a winning formula.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Theyre Launching the XR-2300, do you know what that is? The muffler bracket from a ‘79 Pinto? NO! Thats the XR-2200, the 2300 is the lunar shuttle.

I will go to my grave saying that Airplane II: the Sequel is better than Airplane: the Motion Picture. A lot of the jokes people associate with AP1 are actually from AP2.

Caveat: Chronicles of Riddick discussions are forbidden from this thread, those moves were like a dime store Star Wars, Star Trek or Dr Who.

Doesn't have to be a direct sequel, just one in a franchise that redeems it.

Have at it...
I'm going to take a wild stab and guess that the unasked question between the lines is "What is your favourite movie sequel?"

The big ones that spring to mind are Wrath of Khan, and Empire Strikes Back.

Remove ads