Movies based on the Cthulhu mythos?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Frukathka said:
I need to threajack this for a second. When I asked for the list, I wan't looking for inspired movies, but movies directly tied to the mythos. ;)
There really aren't very many! Dagon, Reanimator... most have been mentioned.

With luck, though, some more will float to the top. And it's an interesting discussion.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Henry said:
GAH!

What was I thinking?!?! Re-animator was a piece of dung!
Pistols at dawn, mister. How can you say that? Re-Animator was great! What other movie has the line "Cat dead, details later," and has a character strangled by someone else's animated large intestine? That's pure unadulterated movie magic, that is!

James Heard

Explorer
Piratecat said:
Pistols at dawn, mister. How can you say that? Re-Animator was great! What other movie has the line "Cat dead, details later," and has a character strangled by someone else's animated large intestine? That's pure unadulterated movie magic, that is!

If getting strangled by unusual things in horror films interests you, I recommend you look up Soul Vengeance. I'd hand you some links, but I think it might be pushing the grandma rules. Watching Soul Vengeance though, you understand the horrors that men were not meant to see. :uhoh:

PrinceXaxor

First Post
And no one has mentioned John Carpenter's "The Thing"? The atmosphere is perfect. The ending is certainly like Lovecraft, uncertain and still holding the promise of further horror.

Templetroll

Explorer
Mouseferatu said:
Of course, given the creation of Call of Cthulhu, that statement is no longer accurate. :)

That was mentioned already and didn't seem to fit his criteria. I don't know what would so I pointed out what was posted on that website.

Do we have a Cthulhu smilie?

Capellan

Explorer
I'm pretty sure most of Uwe Boll's movies are caused by the mythos. It's really the only explanation for them :)

More seriously, I recall a film named 'From Beyond' that purported to be mythos inspired, but didn't really feel that way to me when I watched it.

Swoop109

First Post
Piratecat said:

My favorite dialogue from the movie;

Daniel; You mean he's dead?

West; Ugh... not anymore.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Templetroll said:
Do we have a Cthulhu smilie?
cthulhu_smiley.gif
?

Remove ads