• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Movies that take you back.

Harp

First Post
Felix said:
Dumb and Dumber: "Pretty bird, pretty bird..." I almost fell out of my seat seeing this with my brother. He was keeping his sides from splitting.

Weird. I, too, saw this with my brother, and was literally on the floor of the theater during the snowball fight scene. The first and only time I've ever laughed so hard I unseated myself. The entire movie was pure comic genius.

I could add to this list...but everything is here. In fact, I can't THINK of more. I'm not thinking well, of course, because more great ones will undoubtedly be posted. But MAN I want to watch Clash of the Titans again...

MonsterMash

First Post
38 years old

My list

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Star Wars: A New Hope

2001: A Space Oddysey saw this when I was very young, but not on release!

Dr No

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Dark Jezter

First Post
A few more to add...

Dumb & Dumber: I saw this movie in the theater, and I don't think I've ever laughs so much over the course of 2 hours in my life. Pure comedic gold.

Monster Squad: "Wolfman has nards!" :lol:

Clash of the Titans: I rented this movie and watched it with my cousin for my 8th birthday. Absolutely wonderful.

Weird Science: Two geeks create the perfect woman on their computer, hilarity ensues. A great 1980s comedy flick.

kirinke

First Post
Tron. excellent movie. i still like it.

dark crystal. gotta love fizzgig

labyrinth: i thought sir didymus was absolutely cute and the epitomy of a crazy paladin

all 3 original star wars movies

all 3 indiana jones movies

Particle_Man

Explorer
Great choices! Here are three more (32)

a) Monty Python and the Holy Grail
b) The Princess Bride

If you don't know all the lines to these two, you need to turn in your gamer card. :)

c) The Thing (John Carpenter version 1982, NOT the 1950's version). It had great special effects for its time, and was just well done, and I saw it when I was a little kid and my best friend, who had seen it already, knew JUST when to scare me by attacking me while the movie was on a certain scene. Great times (that bastard! :) ).

LightPhoenix

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
War Games: All the old computers in this movie remind me of the days of Commodore 64s and arcade classics like Galaga.
Definitely on my list, in fact me (aged to perfection at 24) and my roommate just watched it recently. For a good laugh, try to read as many of the scenario names at the end when WOPR is analyzing all the different outcomes. Guaranteed to be hilarious.

On my personal list, but maybe not anyone else's, is Stand By Me. It was the first serious movie I'd ever seen and it made quite the impression on me.

Napftor

Explorer
Cool thread!!! I am 29 years old.

Conan the Barbarian and even Conan the Destroyer (we're talking nostalgia value not production value, right?!)
All Indiana Jones and Star Wars trilogy
Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Beastmaster, Goonies, Ladyhawke, Krull, UHF, Star Trek II-V, Fletch, the Sword & the Sorcerer and a host of others I'm sure I'm forgetting. :)

Abraxas

Explorer

Dr. Strangelove - yes it came out before I was born, but man was it great.
Return of the Pink Panther - Peter Sellers was really funny
Trilogy of Terror - Creepy little Zuni fetish doll running amok (I still hate dolls to this day)
Shock Waves - so bad it was good
The Trinity movies - Terence Hill and Bud Spencer, wierd slapstick westerns
The Jerk
Halloween

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads